Monday, 25 June 2012

Toile and Ticking....

...Wow..My second post of the day!!
It's an Important day today!!


It's
 3rd Birthday!!

-oOo-
It's also my baby boy's 15th Birthday today!!
Happy Birthday Callum!!
-oOo-
 Anyway back to  the Birthday Challenge #36
... to celebrate you can choose any past Challenge of LGS and create!!
-oOo-
For my DT piece....
I chose to do ...
Challenge #26 - Toile and Ticking (Jul 11)
-oOo-
I needed some more jars to store some buttons...
So..this tired little unwanted spice rack caught my eye at a boot sale  (flea market) recently ...cost me £2

 ...and this is what it looked like after it's shabby 'toile and ticking' makeover!
 I repainted the unit cream and lightly distressed it...
added some shabby drawer pulls...
removed the spice name stickers and altered each little jar with assorted fabrics, lace,buttons, ribbon binding, yo-yo's, keys, trinkets and gems!
 from this...
to this...
 close up of my little button jars...
Hop over to
..for the full deets and to see what other shabby beauties the shabby girls have created...
Thanks for peeking
Jan x

13 comments:

  1. What a wonderful makeover that spice rack got!! It has been given new life. :) I hope your son has a wonderful birthday too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...what a gem of a find & only £2!...loVe how you have up-cylced this piece into a shabby chic loVely...really Jan I loVe this it's what I loVe to do also, all thise jars turned into little treasure holders...gorgeous work it's shabby chic tastic!!...Mel :)
    15 eh boy do they grow fast! have a wonderful evening with the birthday boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do I never find anything like this for £2, love it. What a wonderful transformation, love the shabby chic feel. Happy birthday to your son too, hope he has had a fabulous day. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh Jan... love this.. I think I need something like this for all the bits hanging about too.. great job on it... Happy Birthday to Callum too.. wow.. 15.. time sure flies...
    Kath
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go.. Love what you did with your find.. It looks amazing.. Happy Birthday to your son. They grow up way to fast don't they..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, what a transformation!! Love what you've done here, Jan.

    Happy Birthday to Callum!!!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your spice rack looks SOOO beautiful, after your transformation, dear Jan, such a sweet idea.
    And congratulation with your Callum.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jan... WOW... so LOVE what you have done here... a gorgeous little space now to keep your buttons... the drawer pull are fabulous... and the jar embellishing is BEAUTIFUL!! hope Callum has a wonderful birthday...

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Jan. I have been looking for a spice rack with bottles for ages so I can shabbt it up! This is brilliant. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jan, you're little bottles are too cute for words ~ SO creative! Spice jars/bottles and racks seem to be hot right now....I'll have to keep looking!
    xoxo
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. HB Callum, oh that wonderful age. LOL
    Jan your spice rack makeover is beautiful. Love all your details and the price was right.
    TFS with all of us.
    Les♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable! You really made that spice rack look too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)