Wednesday, 15 August 2012

I'm still here!!......

HELLO!!
Well......
....not much crafting has been going on in the Smifferoo household just lately!!
We have been on our Hols....
Nothing like a little bit of Nature to recharge the batteries...

 Barney enjoying is trip
(showing off his new (SHORT!!) Haircut!
 wildlife visiting our lodge each day!
...although Barney Boy was not too impressed with his variety of new friends!!
-oOo-
...But the best bit of all was having all my three handsome boys together...
My eldest hasn't holidayed with us for a couple of years
...so it made it Special!!
OMG...I've SHRUNK!!
(When did that happen- LOL!!)
-oOo-
We also got to catch up with the latest addition to our family
My lovely niece's new baby...
 Adorable!!
and my other gorgeous niece got engaged!..
 We've also had some fun family BBQ's and friends parties.
 ....making the most of the lovely sunny weather
...lots of new doggy walks!!
-oOo-
...and last week for my birthday treat...
I was spoilt rotten!...
 My wonderful Hubby took me up to London
..for a little spot of Birthday shopping...
 China town
meal
Leicester square
(Lookie at all the olympic medals in the tree!)

Then to see the musical 'Blood Brothers' at the Phoenix theatre...
Amazing performance!!
-oOo-
So it's been a Busy ...but fantastic couple of weeks
...still trying to catch up with all the washing ...ironing etc...
..but have had a lovely day playing with paint, paper and fabric today...
-oOo-
I finished up my Challenge # 38 DT project for
Let's Get Shabby
(but you will have to wait until the 25th to see that ;) )
You have still got a few days to enter the current #37 challenge here.
-oOo-

I've also sorted out my fabric stash to make some more prayer flags...Thank you to all those that messaged me from my last post...I'm looking forward to our swaps!!
-oOo-
Talking of swaps...I've still got some fabby pics to show of some recent trades...but will save them for another post.
-oOo-
..and last but not least...Here is the tag I made for
....where this weeks theme is Theatre and Cinema
I was inspired by my last weeks visit  to the Phoenix Theatre, London...
....opened in the 1930's with it's gorgeous golden wall engravings and  plush red seats and carpets
source

 I hit the fabric again, and found some fancy gold toile...The image of the lady reminded me of an actress reciting her lines in a play...I also printed onto fabric some free images of theatre posters...all sewn together with laces, buttons, crochet seam binding, charms and wings...which is my slightly 'Thinking outside of the box version of 'Waiting in the wings' (Idiom Definition-If someone is waiting in the wings, or in the wings, they are in the background, but nearby, ready to act on short notice.)
Anyway...here is the result.....

My....Waiting in the Wings!!!
Well...that was a bit of a lonnnng post, if you are still here and haven't nodded off...
Thanks for peeking!
Jan x
Off to catch up with what I've missed in Blogland now....

15 comments:

  1. Wonderful happy post, Jan, I really enjoyed reading it and looking at your photos :) I know just what you mean about shrinking - I feel like a hobbit when I'm standing next to Luke and that's nothing to do with my hairy toes!

    What day were you in London? Luke and I went up last Wednesday (to see the Derren Brown Svengali show) and we sat in Leicester Square for some time - we saw those medals hanging from the trees too. Looks like you had a brilliant time, belated Happy Birthday! (Cath Kidston is a MUST to visit!!).

    How did I manage to miss your prayer flags?! I'll go and have a look at them once I've dropped my son off at his mate's house.....

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...oh Jan what a super posting, I've loVed scrolling down and reading all about your family adventures, your strapping boys are gorgeous and we only realise in photo's just how much they've grown (in height!) Barney Boy is so adorable and he makes friends so easily...Happy Belated Birthday too Jan, looks like Hubby knows exactly how to treat a girl, what a super day up in town...and loVe your gorgeous make so much pretty lace in gorgeous natural shades, it's always a delight to visit Jan, your blog never disappoints...beautiful from start to finish...Melxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a loverly loverly post jan, you look so happy and relaxed :) im loving your prayer flags too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Jan - especially appreciated the "retail therapy" you got to indulge in - and what a nice get away with your family! Love your tag - wish I had more time to do them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Smiff, sounds like you are having a wonderful holiday and look at your young men.
    Barney is looking dapper with his new doo as well. LOL
    Happy Belated Birthday and hugs from across the pond. Hubs spoiled you, way to go:)
    Les♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jan,
    OH you have had fun, and silence,and quiet,and nature,and happy hours and beauty,and wonderful London-all in 2 weeks of vacation-- you are envied ,lol-
    And LOVE your tag, Jan- I`m all for angels you know, and your :"waiting in the wings" is so beautiful.
    Welcome home.
    xoxo,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Jan... sounds like you had a fabulous time... love all the pics especially the one of you with your handsome boys... your holiday sounds like it was wonderful... and of course love the shot of Barney... is he posing for that one...lol... your tag is stunning... love the gold...

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness. It does sound like you have been super busy. Happy Birthday to you. Looks like you had a great time. I enjoyed seeing all your photo. And of course your tag is fabulous. Thanks once again for all the inspiration you give me my friend..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Jan - and belated birthday wishes to you. Your hubby came up trumps again for your birthday, wonderful! Glad you enjoyed your holiday - and you look far too young to be the mother of those handsome young men!

    Your prayer flags look great - and I'm in love with your garden shed in the previous post .... but what's inside, it looks far too beautiful for just the lawn mower - lol.

    I'm still not back in crafting/blogging mode yet, but I think I will be soon!

    Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Jan - and belated birthday wishes to you. Your hubby came up trumps again for your birthday, wonderful! Glad you enjoyed your holiday - and you look far too young to be the mother of those handsome young men!

    Your prayer flags look great - and I'm in love with your garden shed in the previous post .... but what's inside, it looks far too beautiful for just the lawn mower - lol.

    I'm still not back in crafting/blogging mode yet, but I think I will be soon!

    Take care xx

    ps, apologies if this comment appears twice, I forgot to log in the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fun post you party girl you!

    Great photos of all the celebrating and vacationing and fun fun fun!

    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely post Jan, full pf love, your boys are super, you look such a proud mum!xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Jan what a fab couple of weeks you've had... love the pics of your holiday.. your boys are so handsome.. you've not shrunk they are growing tee-hee..Looks like you had a fab day in London with your DH food... retail therapy.. and a show.. Sounds like my kinda day!! and to top off your lovely post a Stunning tag.. Gorgeous creation Jan.. enjoy what's left of the weekend its sooooo hot here in Eastbourne today.. Hugs May x x x ps..Thank you so much for the link to the prayer flags x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you're having a wonderful summer! Love seeing your photos and your creation is beautiful, love all the lace!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely post ... London looked great
    So glad you had a lovely time Jan

    Carolyn
    LOVE STITCHING RED
    and TAG TUESDAY

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)