Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Autumn berries, new goodies and a prayer flag reveal

Over at Tag tuesday
the theme this week is
autumn fruits and berries
So for this week's tag..
I used this little fake autumn berry
(that I got from my lovely blog friend Margaret in a recent swap)
I thought the red accent of the berry would look nice against sepia tones...and I used a baby pic because two of my sons were Autumn babies.
-oOo-
I've used...
Large cream tag, which I've randomly stamped the background with 'Rose Collage' -Paper Inspirations stamp
...distressed with inks
...added some vintage lace applique which has sequins and beads (and has been dyed with tea)
...vintage photo,assorted buttons, assorted lace, fabric printed postcard, ribbon, hearts cut from cardboard and a piece of old knitwear
-oOo-
Oh and thank you soooo much for the get well wishes for my poorly hubby, (I'm sure the positive vibes are helping towards his recovery!!)...I'm glad to report he seems to be on the mend, the second bout of antibiotics seem to be doing the trick, this severe chest infection has really knocked him off his feet for the past few weeks...
-oOo-
and if you read my last post I was lucky enough to win tickets from the  Craft Stamper Blog, 
 to the..
..which was held at the Glow arena over at Bluewater, which is only about a 20min drive from where I live.
-oOo-
Well......
I was refraining from visiting craft shows for a little while.......
I have been trying to use the stash I already have accumulated.......
but with free tickets worth £8 each....it would have been so rude not to go along for a peek now, wouldn't it!!  ;)
So, I spent a lovely couple of hours looking round the craft stalls, with everything from sewing, knitting and jewellery making to papercraft, cardmaking and quilting ......
and these few little items just had to come home with me!!
...a box to alter, buttons, ideaology goodies, crackle glaze, tape, crown charms, washi tape, twine and ribbons!!
-oOo-
and now for a reveal...
If you saw my last post I was waiting for Liz (Lululiz) to receive the flag that I made.....

 I now know it has arrived safely,
so here is what I made for Liz for our little Prayer flag swap...
made from assorted fabrics, vintage laces, buttons, charm, binding, image printed onto fabric...
and I chose the sentiment SMILE
and I was glad that Liz agreed...Smiling is important,
I found this little quote...
'So, No matter how upset you are, remember that it could be worse. So smile at someone else today! Make their day just a bit more friendly and maybe they'll pass it on. Who knows what kind of a chain you could start just by moving a couple of facial muscles!!'
 
Keep Smiling!!
Thanks for peeking!
Jan x

14 comments:

  1. Oooh Jan, you always put so much into your blog posts, a real treat to read! Your Autumn fruits and berry tag is stunning - I love all the layers and thought you put into it.

    So pleased to hear your hubby is on the mend x

    Shame we missed each other at the Prima show - only a day out - lol! Your goodies look great - I wished I'd seen the Washi tape, I'm sure that would have spoken to me too!

    Your prayer flag for Liz is beautiful too!

    Take care Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...gorgeous posting Jan always full of delicious things to see, I loVe your prayer flags, you put so much into them so many little details and always lots of yummy lace...gorgeous candy you have chosen, would of been wrong to leave it behind...I look forward to seeing your creations...Melx :)
    Sorry to hear hubby has been unwell but glad he is on the mend now...x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found some lovely goodies at the fair :) You're only 20 mins from Bluewater? Well I'm only half an hour - I'm feeling a coffee meet-up coming on........?

    Lucky Liz, your Prayer flag is gorgeous. You're so right about the smiling bit - people are so suspicious of people when they're smiling, what a shame :(

    Good to hear the hubster is back on the mend. Must have been the nurses outfit you were wearing......;)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jan,
    Your tag is so lovely sweet, I love all the sweetnes you put into it, and the flag for dear Liz, is so beautiful, too. The message:smile is certainly importent in our stressfilled world-so perfect dear.
    I`m glad your husbond feels better.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful flag, Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always layer so beautifully! Just lovely!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Jan, I always love your use of lace and you always put things together so beautifully. Glad you enjoyed the show. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jan I just love the autumn berries& fruits tag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jan... your tag is divine... a little work of art... and how fabulous to win the craft show tickets... love your little stash of goodies... and the prayer flag... simply gorgeous... would have loved to have swapped with you too... just a little crazy here at the moment... if you do another one in the future... would love to...

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous prayer flag and your tag is very lovely too

    ...happy to hear your Mr is improving Nurse Jan...you take care!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Prayer flag is beautiful. I just love all the wonderful layers. And the wonderful tag you made looks amazing as well. Love the wonderful vintage vibe it has.

    Thanks for always inspiring me my friend.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks quite charming and enchanting, dear
    Jan. So beautiful! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is Beautiful Jan... Gorgeous textures & layers... I really must try one of these... Your work is fabulous... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)