Friday, 7 September 2012

Time flies.....

 
....even when your not having fun!!
Haven't blogged for nearly a couple of weeks!!
Where shall I start?..
Been a little hectic here...
My usually fit and healthy Hubby has been very poorly with a severe chest infection (bordering on pneumonia) so I've been playing nurse!! ..back and forward to the docs and hospital for blood tests and x-rays!!
He is on his second course of antibiotics now...so... fingers crossed we will see an improvement soon!!
-oOo-
So when some
HAPPY MAIL
 arrived through the post just recently it really helped put a much needed smile on my face!
 
First of all I won two tickets to the ...
at Bluewater,
(WAHOOO!!)
from the
The show started today, but I'm hoping to go sometime over the weekend...
A good excuse to stock up on some craft goodies!!
(Well it would be rude not too!!)
Anyone else out there going?
-oOo-
....then I was over the moon when I found out that I had won the talented Valerie's (Bastelmania) generous giveaway...
 A gorgeous crackle vintage effect
altered matchbox
(Now anyone that knows me and has followed my blogs/flickr will know how much I adore an altered matchbox!!)
 ...which arrived with beautiful handmade tags, card, minibook
and lots of wonderful inspirational goodies to play with!!!!
 
Thanks again Valerie!!
for spoiling me!!..Love it all!!
-oOo-
...and there is more...
a little while ago
I did a post on Prayer Flags
and asked if anyone fancied a prayer flag swap..
well I got a few takers....
Look at this little natural stunner...
 This arrived from the lovely Liz (Lululiz in Lalaland)
I just adore all the textures, elements and of course, the bits and pieces of nature she has added.
..and such a positive word...PRESERVE
and some delightful extras too....
 Thank you soooo much again Liz!! Lurve it all!!
Now, my prayer flag to Liz has just gone postal, so not to spoil her surprise, here is a little sneaky peek of what I sent to her for our trade...
...and one more sneaky peek, this time for Jen (Jenxo)
Jen, your prayer flag should be on a aeroplane to Australia as I type!!
...will reveal all when they both arrive at their destinations...
-oOo-
and talented Tina from Minneapolis (Flickr link)
wanted to swap as well
She sent me this fabulous colourful beauty...
 
I just LOVE IT!!
Tina has fused down all the fabric pieces and hand stitched it all.
How cute is that little owl.
and yet another positive word GROW.
Now, my flag for Tina hopefully should of arrived by now, so I will show what I made...
 
I was flabbergasted... what a wierd coincidence...we both used Owls!!
Thanks again for a fabby trade Tina!..
 
-oOo-
Well, I think thats all for this time...
Off to catch up what I have missed in Blogland!!
 
Thanks for Peeking!
Jan x
 

15 comments:

  1. Oh Smiff, hope Hubs feels better soon. I am sure you are taking very good care of him. that's what we women do. ♥
    Love all your flags. I wanted to do one but I am so busy right now and good news the libary sold one of my pieces and wants more to display. Can't not get into paint mode now while the feeling is good.
    Take care and enjoy all those goodies. Isn't Val so creative. She does the neatest things and all kinds of techniques.
    TTFN, ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. My flag from you looks even better in person. I love it! I'm sorry to hear your husband isn't feeling well but glad to hear your mailbox has been treating you well. Here's best wishes for your husband's speedy path back to good health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...oh my gosh Jan what an amazing set of piccy's...so much beautiful work and so much talent, gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous all it every piece and yes how amazing you both chose owls the odds on that must be incredible!...a super posting Jan it's always a delight visiting here...Melxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW.. I always get inspired when I pop in here. Looks like you have lots of wonderful happy mail my friend.

    I do hope your hubby is doing better.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, that little snippet of the prayer flag which is winging its way to me looks so lovely! I am so looking forward to seeing the whole thing now. Won't be long, woohoo. I am so happy that you like the prayer flag I sent you, it was a real pleasure making it for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Jan,
    I hope your husbond will soon be all on his feet again!
    What a beautiful giveaway you won, and so many wonderful things to paly with,too.
    I love the prayerflag swap, you did, and would have loved being in it too,- not much time because of my real shop here where I live.--
    They are all sweet and beautiful, the flags you recieved, and made- I can`t wait to see the rest you made.
    Hugs from Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a comeback, dear Jan! You show us quite magical work here.

    I hope your husband feels better again.

    Have a nice weekend my friend. Hugs MARTINA oxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to see you back Nurse Jan...sending healing wishes to your dh and hoping that he will be right as rain very very soon!

    Lovely goodies you're sharing with us...I am itching to share some prayer flags I made last month, but the other gals aren't quite ready yet

    looking forward to your reveal of the others you made, they look wonderful!

    You all take care and enjoy the rest of the weekend!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your flags Jan.I'd love to do a swap.
    Hope your hubby gets well soon.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jan, thanks for all the lovely comments you've left on my blog.

    I really hope your hubby's getting better now, best wishes to him xx

    I can see why all your lovely crafty mail made you smile, what wonderful goodies! I love the prayer flags too - and your owly one is gorgeous!

    I went to the Prima show at Bluewater yesterday!!! We were on our way to Tunbridge Wells to celebrate my in-laws golden wedding anniversary and stopped off on the way. What a lovely exhibition it was - it's the first time I've ever been to Bluewater. I'll blog what I bought later. Shame I didn't see you there though.

    Take care and speak soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry your husband has been so poorly. Glad you liked your stuff, have fun, also with the other lovely goodies you have received! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Jan... do hope your hubby is feeling better... LOVE all your gorgeous happy mail... beautiful treasures... and the prayer flags are divine...

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Jan! Look at all of that artsy goodness! Hope the hubby feels better!

    Hugs,

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a treasure trove of goodies you have on your blog today! Love love love your swaps!
    I imagine DH is well on the way to recovery now, all the best to him
    Mx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots of loveliness! Congrats on the ticket win - I considered going but with the door entry being £8 decided to put temptation out of my reach and stayed at home! And also many congrats on winning Valerie's wonderful altered matchbox :) Your swappages are lovely - and yes, mega coincidence with the owls!

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)