Thursday, 25 October 2012

It's a Shabby Colour Challenge ....

 Over at
Challenge #40
is all about a colour challenge.......
...and boy do we need some colour here in the UK..the days have been a little dull and grey just lately!!
You have to choose three of these colours to dominate your project with a summer theme.
(For full deets of the challenge hop over to the Let's get Shabby Blog)
So for my DT piece this month...I decided to do a little scrapbooking....
...and I chose
'sand, coral and seafoam'
to be the main colours in my page.
I  scrapped a photo of me and my boys taken on a family holiday in 2003, Such lovely memories.....where they all were a lot smaller!! ...and I was a lot thinner LOL!!
 I used a (Webster's pages-New discoveries- Seaside Retreat Collection) 12x12 page as my base...
..and made a little shabby banner from papers, lace and buttons.
...and added lots more layers
....shabbied up paper, lace, buttons and other embellies such as
....postcard, flowers, painted charms, doily, paint, shabby fence and assorted trims..
-oOo-
Now hop over to
..for the full deets and to see what the other talented shabby girls have created for this challenge... There is also a great shabby prize up for offer for the winner.
Thanks for peeking
Jan x

8 comments:

  1. Jan, great color combo! Your layout is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great make, just love all the textures you haveused! Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very cool page with lots of embellies!! Love the fence :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout Jan... love the color combo you chose... beautiful photo... and how fab is the shabby beach fence... not to mention the wonderful button bunting... stunning...

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your scrapbook layout is totally gorgeous Jan. I love the bunting and fence in particular but the whole page is truly shabby-licious!!! (Great holiday photo too)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vintage you Jan, love your layout, the textures are amazing and superb colour choice, coral and seafoam are one of my fav pairings! Mx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous page. Lots and Lots of yummy layers. Love your shabby style my friend.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colour combo, perfect for your happy photo :)

    Super layout, Jan.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)