Monday, 29 October 2012

Scrap the 'Crafty' Girls......


I've still got billions...(ok hundreds!!) of photo's to scrapbook sitting in a box in my craft-room...and in need of a little inspiration to do something with them...
So when my cousin Kerry scrapped my wedding pics just recently...
(If you want to see me looking like a white meringue!!!.......C'mon.. it was the 80's LOL!! ......pop over to Kerrys Blog)
...for a
Scrap the Girls Blog challenge 
 ....it inspired me to root through my box for a photo or two...
Now, those of you who know me....will know that I live in a household of boys , hubby, 3 sons and even my fur-baby is a boy!!
So, even I was surprised to be 'scrapping' girls!!
-oOo-
...But I came across quite a few pics of female friends and family ready to be scrapped...
and I chose to scrapbook a lovely pic of my Mum and her three sisters...who are a crafty bunch of girls....between the four of them...they all dabble in baking, cake decorating, cross-stitch, sewing, knitting , card making and scrapbooking!!
So...the creativity must run in the genes...eh Kerry?!
-oOo-
Anyway....October's challenge over at


Scrap the Girls
is
a recipe challenge.
Pages created for this challenge MUST include
FLOWERS
TWO DIFFERENT ALPHAS
MORE THAN ONE PHOTO
STAPLES

So, this is my take on the challenge....
click on pic for a better view
  I used a lovely patchwork effect paper - Prima 'Rapberry Tea collection - Summer break'  for my background....
and I have included the ingredients of the challenge...
 Lots of lovely flowers...paper and fabric
I've used more than 2 different alphas and photos!
and I've stapled the 'Love' tickets and sentiment to my page
...a little close up of some the staples
I've also added painted chipboard dress and scissors, buttons, wings,  mini scrabble embellies, mini sewing reels, tag, charms, doilies, fabric and lace.
-oOo-
Only a couple of days left of the October challenge.... so if you are planning on scrapping a girly page why not have a go at a Scrap the Girls challenge.
Thanks for Peeking!
Jan x
 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout Jan and what quick work to get it done in time for the challenge!
    I especially love the tickets and intend to use your idea on the layout I am about to start.
    Definately a gene thing I think, have you seen the pics of the cakes that Claire makes (on Facebook)and I wonder if any of our other cousins are crafty?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan.
    I love your family collage of sisters, and all the bits and pieces and sweetnes you put into it.
    No wonder you are such a wonderful artist coming from a family like this.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page Jan... love the patchwork effect... creativity certainly runs in your family... loved Kerry's page too... and those wedding photos... just beautiful...

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous LO, Jan. The fabric flowers are so pretty. How wonderful to come from such a creative family.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps your wedding photos are so beautiful, Kerry's layout is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous girly scrapbook page Jan - love all the different elements you've used x

    I've been to look at your cousin's page - you look every inch the beautiful blushing bride xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jan this is amazing. I love your scrappy style! So many interesting things to look at and your sense of colour is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing page Jan! Love all the details :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)