Tuesday, 30 October 2012

Witch in training......


Over at
.... for week #138
there is this sweet little photo for inspiration
and the challenge is to create a card or project inspired by
THE COLORS FROM THE PICTURE AND INCLUDE A FLOWER(s)!
So here's what I made for the challenge...
Meet my
' Witch in Training! '
When...I saw the inspiration pic..
I immediately knew what I wanted to do...
Alter a baby dress!!
This little dress was one of my 20p boot-sale bargains ...
I've added vintage buttons, torn pieces of lace, old key, images  printed onto fabric, mini broomstick, fabric, ribbon, rusty metal wings and fence.
One of the requirements was to include a flower....
(ribbon and lace flowers)
All coloured / stained with tea and coffee.
Thanks for peeking!
Jan x

13 comments:

  1. Oh this is SO CUTE, Jan!! The original prompt photo is gorgeous and your interpretation of the theme is perfect :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...awesome spooky make Jan, loVe what you have done with the dress, the tea & coffee dying is fabulous and to think it was only 20p what a great find!! the colours are great!...gorgeous image loVe the wings and buttons...superb as always...loVe it...Melx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Car boot sale finds rock!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally stunning Jan... love love love your altered baby's dress... and the gorgeous baby pic you used... and adore the inspiration pic as well... you have captured it beautifully...

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my shabby goodness ... this is the sweetest altered project ever! I am simply in love with this creative and beautiful altered baby dress -- thanks for sharing this amazing creation with us in the Tea Room this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, that's soooo beautiful Jan and love the title, witch in training!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is fabolous dear Jan.-
    Love the way you decorated the sweet dress- and how you altered it all- so sweet baby image you used and all the laces added-
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  8. That little dress turned out so cute! LOVE your project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have done it once again my friend. You have me smiling at my computer. I just love this. Lots of yummy vintage layers here.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jan, the little dress is so sweet! Absolutely lovely, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. O my word Jan... This is amazing I have never seen a baby dress altered before... AmAzing work... love it all... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jan this little dress is amazing and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jan this is a truly great idea and you have altered this with your amazing eye for detail! I love it and will now look out for similar items, thank you for the inspiration! I think this would look brilliant in something like Somerset Studio, have you ever thought of submitting a piece of your art to them? hugs barb x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)