Wednesday, 21 November 2012

What a Fun SURPRISE....

Oh, I have been neglecting my poor little blog again...
......but I have been ever sooooo Busy! (Honest!!)
So I was in desperate need of a little crafty time (to keep me sane!!)
Time to join in with a challenge me thinks!!
 Over at
The November challenge
is a COLOUR challenge
you have to use mainly
 
teal
orange
and white
 
in your project...
Now..I love teal...but really struggle with Orange...so I had to dig deep into my scrapbooking stash, and there in a dark deep corner of the cupboard was some old orange papers with white doily patterns on..
...the teal papers are Tim Holtz papers.
 
So here is my take on this months challenge...
click on pic for a better view!
 I scrapped pics of my two beautiful nieces (sisters)
one of which got a lovely surprise
when unbeknown to her, her boyfriend had decided to propose to her at a family barbecue this past Summer.
I chose these two photos because of the orange in the girls dresses.
 ...and a recent purchase
....some orange and teal washi tape...
just perfect for this page.
A close up of the engagement ring!!
...and if you look very closely, you can just about see my version of an engagement ring which I made from beads, and attached it to the butchers twine bow!
-oOo-
Now for a colour combo, I wouldn't usually choose...this certainly was a challenge!
Thanks for Peeking!
Jan x


14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful layout, Jan. I love all the sneaky peeks and layers, the happy photos and the perfect embellishments. Lovely.

    x
    ps many congratulations to your niece (her fiance was brave to propose at a family bbq!!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun celebratory page you have made Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous page Jan, to remember such a lovely occasion. I have missedyou, I understand the busy tho! Glad you have made time to do some crafting. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous page Jan I love all the details like the folded back bits around the edge and your beaded ring is a fabulous touch. It's a lovely reminder of such a happy event too xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page Jan... the colors work so well together... and beautiful pic of your sweet nieces... fab ring that you created too...

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh jan, love love these colors together......love looking atthe lo too, all the lovely layers and details.....jenxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see yet another scrapbook page are you getting into the swing of it now? I adore your new washi tape, my stash of them is now at a staggering 4 tapes !!!! I am sure it will increase as I'm going to Capture the Magic on Saturday and Gary's paying!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jan, your card is wonderful, I so love you added the engagement ring, and the colours are wonderful together, even I like you, have something about not using much orange! What a sweet surprice for your niece :-)
    Glad to see you here again, dear.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous page, love the little ring on the twine! You've used the palette so well. Thanks for playing at STG.
    Fiona
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab layout and you have used the colours so well. I had the same challenge on a pin cushion swap where my partner said her favourite colours were teal and orange. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow what a beautiful page Jan! Love all the layering and details, thanks for playing along at STG :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome layout. Great use of the colour palette for STG this month - thanks so much for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh lots of lovely details here, thanks for joining in our November challenge at STG.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a fun layout! thanks for joining us at STG this month

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)