Friday, 14 December 2012

Oh deer!......


A few days ago I was sent an email to inform me that that there was a fantastic Christmas card Craft Off competition taking place at the moment run bt Moneysupermarket.com ....all of the deets of which you can find HERE. ...There is also some fabby prizes up for grabs... mini IPad and Hobbycraft vouchers. (Both of which I wouldn't mind getting my crafty little mitts on!!)
I LURVE receiving handmade cards at Christmas...and also send out Lots & Lots of handmade ones to my crafty friends....
I'm having a bit of a reindeer, twine and washi tape addiction at the mo...So here are a few simple ideas for some festive cards....
 First of all...Supplies...
This is what I have used...
card blanks
butcher twine
bells
red buttons
paper doilies
washi tape
alpha stamps
Bingo Card
reindeer face  (sizzix Reindeer w/antlers die)
tags (sizzix tags die)
and this is what I created with these ingredients...

 
  Loving how you can use the washi tape, doilies etc...in a variety of different ways...so that no two cards are identical.



You can even use vintage emphera..I've used an old Bingo card for the background then added a paper doily, my reindeer (Don't forget a little red button for Rudolphs nose!!)...then finish it off with the butchers twine,tag and bells.
 
You can personalise the tags with the recipients name..
or add a greeting!
 
Then to complete, just add an insert...
and Voilà a simple but effective fun Card!
 
Thanks for peeking!
Jan x

10 comments:

  1. They're lovely - and all so different! Good luck, I hope you win a super prize :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each deer card is oh SO dear :)
    Have a lovely weekend Jan!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all FAB Jan! Lucky the folks who recieve one...J

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh another washi lover..... I love the way you have combined the different element's jan, and the washi bunting of the reindeer is priceless....lovely fresh and bright but the bingo is my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jan... they are magical... I love the reindeer with the button nose... and yes... washi tape too... I adore handmade cards too... they are little treasures...

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just got my tag tuesday Christmas swops and am delighted I have your reindeer one! Whoopeee! Am I lucky or what? These are deightful and I can see make lovely cards. Great one Jan! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Jan, your reindeer cards are ever so sweet and wonderful,I love what you did with tapes and doilies -AND the bingo card :-)
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh girly.. These are adorable. I know they have me smiling.. Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jan - your cards are absolutely wonderful! I know as I was lucky enough to receive one today - thank you so much - I love it! I had to run fast up the stairs with it though as the cats heard the little jingly bells and decided they wanted it - LOL (they didn't get it though!!!) Gorgeous, imaginative cards (another die I need for next year - the reindeer head is so beautiful) Good luck with the competition - your post here must be a winning one xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. ADORABLE! I love these! That button is absolute cuteness. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)