Monday, 17 December 2012

Walking in a Winter Wonderland.......

Had a lovely day out with Hubs last week,
Spent the day in London where we visited the
Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park ....
A Mahoosive castle made from Ice
And while we were there we also saw some
fabby ice sculptures in the
Here is me posing in the entrance
 to the Magical Ice Kingdom
Sooooo cold Brrr!!..and the red nose to proove it LOL!
 
Some of the amazing ice sculptures
 I don't seem to get many pics of hubby & I together
(the photos taken are usually of the boys or the pooch!!)
So when I came across this fab little sketch, I thought it would be nice to scrapbook a rare one of us both.
It's for the December Scrap Challenge
over at
and here is my take on the sketch....
click on pic for a clearer view
 Here we are sitting in a very cooooold Ice carriage!.
I've used assorted HOTP papers(Winter Delights), PA Fresco paints, paper doily, pom pom trim,buttons...
Chipboard letters and snowflake
(all painted with crackle paint)
Love these  Prima lightbulb trinkets
which I have backed with hotp papers so that they contrast with the background papers.
...and a little red and white butcher's twine to hopefully make them look like fairy lights!.
Thanks for peeking!
Jan x
 

12 comments:

  1. What gorgeous papers you have, I love the blue snowflake paper and the pom poms are so cute. I am going to try and find time for Sarahs challenge this month, but don't know if I'll manage it.
    P.S. Thanks for the xmas card, loved his button nose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gorgeous jan, those little light globes and snowflake peeking thru drew me in :) the ice sculptures are fantastic, we have sand ones here lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. How stunning seing those ice art schulptures, I clicked the card you made,with you and your hubby ,sitting in the ice castle :-)
    So wonderful, dear Jan.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow how lovely, bet you had a fab time :) looks amazing! nice pic of you and Hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout, really love those prima light globes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, those ice sculptures are cool. I might have to visit! I love your layout, such gorgeous colours. I really like those lightbulbs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your page looks amazing. But boy does that look cold. I do love how you distressed the paper, And the little light globes look so cute. Wishing you a happy week my friend.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the colours on your LO, very eye catching. Great to see a photo of you and hubby too. Thanks for playing along with us on the Sarah's cards blog x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - another stunner! Beautiful page Jan and your day out sounded fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous layout Jan, I love those light bulbs. Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge this month.
    Tracy. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely page. Thanks for joining in x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)