Friday, 25 January 2013

Let's Get Shabby Challenge #42.....

Over at
 Let's get Shabby
for Challenge #42
We want you to be inspired by this fab sketch...
 
 
Oh...I do love a doily!!
...so had lots of fun with my DT piece for this challenge.
I haven't altered a baby dress in a while....
So I rummaged through my supplies and came up with these....
 
So here is my take on this challenge...
and here is the full altered dress...
 
 
I picked out the doily and butterflies details in the sketch, and added a vintage photo that has been printed onto fabric...
along with lots of vintage buttons, lace and ribbon.
 

-oOo-
Now hop over to
Let's Get Shabby
..for the full deets and to see what other fabulous inspiration the talented shabby girls have created for this challenge... 
There is also a great shabby prize up for offer for the winner.
...and if you are interested in becoming a Design Team member for Let's Get Shabby....they are having a Design team call
(so check it all out Here )
Thanks for Peeking! Jan x





11 comments:

  1. WOW your so talented!! This turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Jan! What an absolute treasure you've created ...
    Love every detail!
    I have several old dresses that I have been wanting to play with for so long now...

    Wishing you a happy weekend...
    snowflakes are just starting to fall here in the Wash DC area...
    nothing big coming but I am still excited :)
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, this is absolutely gorgeous! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, Amazing, Beautiful!! Love it.. Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely exquisite Jan... my gosh this baby's altered dress is stunning... love the gorgeous image... the lace butterflies... and the added detail to the bodice...

    Happy weekend...
    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh what lovely simple dress to work on too. its beautiful.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jan, this is absolutely fantastic! Love every details.
    Have a nice weekend, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry for being on and off, Jan- but having a nasty cold with coughing and all that follows!
    Your dress is so adorable and beautifully altered, so very lovely with all the butterflyes,dear.
    Xo, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I have to say your are the Queen of shabby. I just LOVE this. Lots of fabulous elements you used here..

    Hoping you are enjoying your weekend.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is amazing! So beautifully shabby! Love all the layers and design! Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I luuuvvvv your beautiful dress, it would also look amazing if it was framed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)