Monday, 14 January 2013

V for Vacation....


 
Over at the...
they have a fabulous new Alpha Challenge starting....
You just need alter a dictionary in some shape or form ....
(Luckily...I bought a couple of old dictionaries at a boot sale last summer for about 20p each...so I've dug those out!!)
It's entirely up to you what you do with the challenge.
If you don't want to alter a dictionary you can create other samples with the dictionary pages...journal pages, a series of ATC's, or TAGS with the whole alphabet throughout the year. (But it has to be consistent) - see The Craft Barn Blog for full deets.
The new alpha Challenges are posted every 2 weeks and the letters are not in order....also  a little "twist" may be added  to make sure you don't work ahead of time
-oOo-
I Ummed and Aaarred what to do with this challenge...
So when I came across this in my craft room...
Inspiration hit!....
I've had this little vintage printers tray for a while now....and was waiting for  the right challenge to pop up to inspire me to alter it.... Now it only has 24 sections...so I will have to share a compartment or 2...or just add the extra challenges to the outside...anyway I will deal with that when I get to it!...
 
WEEK 1 - V
V for Vacation 
My first alpha section filled 
-oOo- 
So...Ive added my dictionary page/highlighted definition inside one of the compartments...then altered it
A Close up
I've used...
a distressed vintage pic of a little boy playing in the sand
distress inks, mist, beads, shell, lace, pens and  Tim Holtz Idea-ology fragments and alpha parts (V).
-oOo-
What a fun challenge....I'm looking forward to adding to this fortnightly

Thanks for peeking!
Jan x

 A vacation is like love - anticipated with pleasure, experienced with discomfort, and remembered with nostalgia. ~Author Unknown

26 comments:

  1. Dear Jan, that tray is perfect for this challenge, -it will be so fun to fill all the rooms - and your V for vacation is pure fun with a child playing in the sand! so wonderful.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jan, I am truly in awe! What a fantastic, individual and inspired way to do the alpha challenge, good on you my lovely. I love your first composition and will be waiting with anticipation for the next.
    Huge hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great base for the challenge. I'm sure you'll be able to create an extra 2 spaces from the larger ones. I'm looking forward to seeing this develop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea and it will make such a visual statement when you've finished - and will keep you on track with the challenge too, you can't have any empty spaces!!! love the first letter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo Jan this is absolutely inspired ... what a fabulous piece it will be in the end too and great fun watching it grow

    Vacation is such a great word ... exciting and full of promise
    and your little lad at the beach is precious!!!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow jan this going to be stunning and you could fit all off xyz into that last compartment....great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful Jan... love the printers tray... the dictionary paper.... and adore your collage... fabulous idea and project... how inspiring you are...

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once again I have to say this looks great. I am looking forward to seeing more... And I just love the new look here on your blog..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic idea, love your V forvacation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely LOVE what you have decided to do by making a little piece for each section of the printer's tray. Your "V" section is wonderful too, I really ought to use my fragments more, love what you have done with them. Super job. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is genius!! I look forward to seeing it completed - it should pack some punch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm jealous now!! Your ATC is great and when you get them altogether it's going to look brilliant. Great idea and I'm looking forward to it filling up!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a fabulous idea! This will be so awesome when you're done with it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is soooo cool!! I love how you used the clear tiles and put a shell in there! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love , love , love this idea !!! What a fantastic way to approach the challenge!
    Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! what a brilliant idea!!!!! I love it!!!! Thank you for joining in with us :D x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is awesome Jan, a Fandabidozy idea, I shall look forward to watching it fill up! X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow - your printer tray is going to look amazing, and what a great start ! fab little details..Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's a gorgeous idea, I'm sure the result will be FANTASTIC.

    ReplyDelete
  20. May I say , I envy you for having this gorgeous and so original idea!! Love love it! And the first word..Vacation, ahhhhhhhhh

    Thank you for joining the challenge at Craftbarn :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your idea of using the printer tray & just know it is going to look fabulous when completed. Eagerly awaiting your next alpha piece.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, wow, wow, woow ... what a fab way to do this challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an amazing idea - you had a moment of pure genius there. Looking forward to seeing the compartments fill up over the course of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely idea. Look forward to seeing your finished tray

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)