Tuesday, 26 February 2013

Broken doll.....

Over at
for Challenge #43
We want you to be inspired by this fabulous shabby picture...
My inspiration came from the beautiful shabby dress and the feathered headwear.
I decided to alter a cigar box for my DT piece..
which was just begging for a shabby makeover...
So I got some supplies together.....
...vintage music papers, ribbon, buttons, lace, paint, fabric, old odd earrings, feather, and a sweet vintage image from an old book.
and this is the result...
I crackle painted the cigar box...
then added all my shabby ingredients...
I made the dress (skirt) and bunting from some vintage ric rac and fabrics.
which just left me to fill it with some shabby treasures :)
-oOo-
Now hop over to
..for the full deets
and we have also got three new DT members...
so come and say Hi....
and see what other fabulous inspiration the talented shabby girls have created for this challenge...
There is also a great shabby prize up for offer for the winner.
Thanks for Peeking!
Jan x





8 comments:

  1. Wonderful ! I love it. Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your box is so beautiful!! I want to make one now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your "broken doll" Jan, she is so beautiful, in her lovely dress, and feathered head wear- sweet blue accents, and wonderful little lace pieces-a fantastic box.
    XO,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  4. O my word Jan, This is stunning... Love the design & your image is divine... Wonderful piece full of detail! Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jan, I love what you have done with this challenge. Your altered cigar box looks amazing and your beautifully dressed little doll has so much pretty detail...she is gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jan! Your cigar box is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, wow, wow Jan!!!! Another beauty - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, you are SO clever!

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)