Monday, 11 February 2013

Lovely Les.....

 
I write this post with a heavy heart....
A few days ago our Lovely Les
passed away
Such sad sad devastating news.
 
....we met online around 5 years ago when I joined the ATC group that Les and Jen ran together.
Lesley was such a talented artist, caring and sharing soul, 
she made everyone feel so welcome in the groups, giving us all nicknames.... mine was Smifferoo. 
 It was only a small group but what lovely bunch of ladies from all over the world and we quickly went on to form many long lasting long distance friendships.
We swapped and gifted lots of art over the last 5 years, from atc's, inchies, altered matchboxes
and more recently Les gifted me this beautiful little canvas
of one of her whimsy gals. 
I will treasure all the beautiful artwork she has given to me over the years...
 
Lovely Les will be greatly missed by so many.
which has already been proved by the wonderful and beautiful tributes flowing out on FB.
My deepest sympathies go out to her husband John, friends and family and I hope that they will find some comfort in how much she was loved by people from all over the world.
 
Rest in peace 
Lovely Les x x
 
Smifferoo x x x

12 comments:

  1. Such sad news, thoughts are with you, family and friends. A beautiful piece if art to treasure. Take care. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sad news. The arting community can be as close as a family, and to lose Lovely Les must be devastating for you. Not only a welcoming, fun lady but very talented also.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending kind thoughts at this time. X a beautiful piece of Art to treasure x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful and heartfelt post Jan... for a beautiful and creative friend... adore the little canvas... Les will be missed by many... she left a footprint in many a heart...

    Hugs
    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh jan, we miss her so much already, she was a very special person......sending big [[[hug]]] to you my friend xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely tribute Jan. I so enjoyed swapping with all you ladies in the flickr group and I will miss her greatly.
    xo
    JoAnne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Each time I read another lovely tribute to Lesley I am touched anew ...
    what a special person to touch so many hearts so deeply.

    The connections we make here across the miles are very special indeed.

    Very sorry for your broken heart and loss dear Jan
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending you Hugs Jan at this sad time... What beautiful art work you have from your dear Friend to treasure... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely post about your dear friend, I am so sorry you have lost her. What a beautiful treasure to keep in memory though. Thinking of you, love barb xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Jan... that piece is so gorgeous.. I miss her so much already.. keep wanting to pick up the phone.. What a wonderful time we had on that little group.. all learning.. Lesley was a great teacher, such a beautiful soul..
    Lots of love and hugs..
    Kath
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Jan, I`m so sorry for you loosing a dear blogging friend, and hope you find some comfort as the dayes passes.
    The sweet wonderful canvas you recieved from her, will be a treasure for you ,forever.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's such sad news.. I'm so sorry to hear that you lost a friend. Big hugs to you my friend...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)