Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Crafty Family Time.......

Crafty Cousins Challenge
I recently challenged my creative cousin Kerry
to a scrap challenge....Kerry is a keen scrap booker...and where I only dabble in a bit of scrapbooking every now and then...I thought it would inspire me to create a page or two!
We both had to scrap a similar photo
(The photo is of most of our cousins taken at Kerry's parents 50th Wedding Anniversary party last month)
-oOo-
This is Kerry's page....
 
 Now, Kerry and I have different styles...so I was interested to see the outcome of our little challenge...
I just love how she doodles, all the wonderful details and Kerry does a wonderful job at putting colour combos together.
....there was a little coincidence of the bunting banner action going on at the bottom of our pages....which was a little spooky LOL!
 
Here is my page...
 
I used 2 slightly different photos of us all...
 ...fabric frames, bunting, stitching, buttons, lace, bakers twine and embellies all shabbied up with some distressing.
To see more of Kerry's beautiful page...hop over and visit her lovely blog HERE. It was a fun family challenge...and we are hoping to do more ...and Kerry's mum (my aunty Joan!) will hopefully be joining in with us on our next challenge.
Thanks for peeking
Jan x

9 comments:

  1. Both are fabulous pages and it looks like you had a great time - a lovely captured memory. I particularly like the shabby chic feel, and the bunting is gorgeous. I also love the little fabric frames with the slight fraying edges - fabulous.
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog - I very much appreciate your comments.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds thinking alike on the bunting . Both the pages are super and do a great job with the picture. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to get started on our next one! Even more interesting with the 3 of us doing it!
    It may be a little while before I can get it done but hopefully I will manage to sit at the table for short intervals and get some scrapping done. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have created quite delightful pages, dear Jan! It definitely makes twice as much fun when you crafted with lovely family members. Really very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impossible to decide which I like more, I would probably have taken elements of both! So well done to both of you & congrats to the couple celebrating 50 years :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab. I admire doodlers as it's not something I've mastered yet, kudos to Kerry. Love your style too, you should dabble more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun Jan- I have none in my family, doing the same things I do :-(
    They are wonderful, and I so love your little 3-d bunting- which is so sweet- and makes your piece special.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super cute page, love the banner with the little scrabble tile letters!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of the pages are brilliant and so different! It's really interesting to see how you both treated similar photographs. Love that you both did bunting!

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)