Friday, 10 May 2013

Learning to blossom.....


These are my first attempt at stumpwork flowers...
 
made from organza, wire and embroidery cottons
for the middles I've added my favourite craft item...buttons (no surprise there!)
...but you can also add other things like beads, embroidery etc...
I discovered how to make these little cuties at a recent class held at my local craft shop  Craft Candy
....which was taught by the lovely Susan
(I'm on a mission to learn more embroidery techniques to add to my little altered dresses)
Well...I had a great afternoon....with like minded ladies
we were all concentrating so hard on our stitches at one point ...that you could hear a pin drop!
As soon as I got home... I finished off the pink one...then created the little yellow flower.
I'm keen to make some more now.
Perhaps some vintage looking cream ones?!.....
Off to tea-dye some organza!!
Thanks for peeking!
Jan x

'Don't wait for someone to bring you flowers.
Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul'

12 comments:

  1. These look very difficult to make but the end result is beautiful

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Jan, you are a girl of many talents!
    You have probably finished our challenge now but I am still waiting for the photos I ordered (half price deal) to come back. As soon as they do ours will be the first page I start!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jan these are so lovely, I can just imagine how pretty they will look on your little dresses. I want to make some now! Sounds like a lovely workshop, very beautiful work. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Jan love these - I'll have to "google" it....

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, Jan these look amazing.. so delicate they will look fab on your altered dresses..I want to make some.. What a brilliant class... Looking forward to the vintage ones in the making... Have a great weekend Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful Jan. A craft I have never tried but you might just have tempted me!! Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a perfect way to spend the day.. Your flowers look fabulous..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those flowers look beautiful - well done for learning a new skill! Your very-own-Jan-style shabby ones will look amazing!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are beautiful Jan!! I don`t know about the stumpworks, but it surely looks beautiful.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are so pretty! I can picture several of them all bunched together too. Such delicate and feminine little flowers! AND YAY for SOC 3 - so happy to have you playing along again this year - should be a fun one, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another crafty skill under your belt Jan - the flowers look great. They will look amazing on your little altered dresses too, I bet xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You must be SO pleased with how your pretty flowers turned out Jan!

    ♥ Love them ♥
    oxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)