Friday, 10 May 2013

Liberate your Art - postcard swap 2013


One of the projects I've recently taken part in....
is Kat's
postcard swap.

 The swap involves sending 5 postcards with prints of your art work to Kat , then Kat sorts through the bundles of postcards that she receives and posts 5 random postcards back to you together with one of her own lovely art cards. 
-oOo-
So.......
With 
1290 pieces of art
216 artists
11 countries

Kat (and her swap helpers) did an awesome job!
-oOo-
This is the second time I have liberated my artwork into the world through Kat's postcard swaps....
 I decided to get some postcard prints made of some of my altered  vintage baby dresses...so these are what I sent off to Kat...
I know that one of my cards landed in  Seattle, Washington....just wondering where the others ended up???
Did you get one?!!  ;)
and these are the beauties I received in return....

titled..'A little flakey' (just like me ;)
Granny Sharon - facebook

Christine (no blog details)

Rinda -  gallorganico.blogspot.com

Cathy Sly -  mycornerthroughmylens.blogspot.com
 
Laura Lok - stampmousephoto.blogspot.com

Kat Sloma - www.kateeyestudio.com
-oOo-
It was fabulous swap!
Fun waiting for postcards to drop through the letterbox :)
Thanks so much to Kat for the incredible job you did in organizing this exchange.
...and to all the lovely participants and Kat's helpers, it's been fun following and seeing all the wonderful variety of postcards being posted on FACEBOOK.
I'm  glad I participated, and looking forward to taking part again next year.

Thanks for peeking!
Jan x

31 comments:

  1. Your altered dresses are AmAzing... Love how they looked on your postcards!! What a Great idea to swap...Kat must be one very organised lady!! Love the postcards you received.. Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your altered dresses. Too cute! Wonderful post. This was my first year to participate. Really enjoying the hop to see what was in everyones mail call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love yours...and all you got! Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I collect vintage baby dresses and I love what you did with the ones you have and what you sent out for the swap! You also received some gorgeous art! This was my first year participating and I'm looking forward to next year already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic presentation and I love your vintage clothing, definitely will be checking out your shop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You received some beautiful cards! But I'm amazed by your altered vintage baby dresses. What a unique "canvas" for your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I'm glad you had such a fun time! Thank you for participating this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. although it was delightful to see the art on postcards you received I am greatly impressed with YOUR art -- you are very talented and I love those dresses you create. Beautiful work and something to be so proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards...I'm drawn to that chain, it's a great image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely swap Jan and your little baby dresses look great in print too. Hope you find out where yours ended up, it's always nice to know isn't it. Lovely ones received too xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my second year in the swap as well and it won't be my last. Love your vintage dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful swap, and such fun to have postcards, from so many places-
    I love your little dresses-ones Jan , they are just so wonderful- fantastic creations,dear.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love the postcards you sent out...you are wonderfully creative. This is my first year participating and I love seeing all sorts of art represented. Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely swap idea. Your baby dress post cards are brilliant. The chain link one you received back made me smile. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your work in so different, so unique - love it! You got a fantastic collection in return - wow I love them especially the first - love rust, me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So nice to see your art. Still looking...maybe the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your little dresses are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW I wish I could have done it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for sharing the cards you made. They are fascinating to see!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your arty "junk" and the cards you received.

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE your vintage baby clothes! This was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your vintage baby clothes--how wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Jan
    thanks for hopping over to my blog. I love seeing what everyone sent and received. Your postcards with your altered baby dresses are so pretty!
    I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love you altered vintage baby dresses, they are so beautiful and made up in to great postcards! Beautiful group you received back, it's always so neat to see all the great art every one is Liberating.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You got some great cards! Really love the "A Little Flakey" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. The postcards you sent out are adorable! I do hope you find out where they all 'landed'!

    You received such lovely postcards.

    Thank you for suggesting this swap to me, I had a great time and will be joining in next year too!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. You create beautiful art! Love seeing all the art you received in return! Cheers! Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a creative interpretation and I love your presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I agree with you - it was a fabulous swap! I love the cards you sent out, and the ones you received!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)