Wednesday, 5 June 2013

F is for Female....

Letter F...
....is this weeks Alpha challenge
over at
The Craft Barn
...and there is a little twist this week...
you have to choose a word between FE and FR
 
I chose the word
Female
from two of my old dictionaries

Now...my Printers Tray only has 24 compartments....so at some point I knew I would have to add a couple of extra challenges outside of the cubbies....so I've decided to do that this week with my letter 'F'
-oOo-

I've altered  a microscope slide with a vintage image of my little female (photo transfer method using modge podge) and my dictionary word and definition in the background. I've given her some legs, wing, lacy skirt, 'f' alpha part and a little flower for her hair.....because my dictionary page was behind everything in my challenge.... I decided to add another dictionary snippet to the exterior (on the lace) from my French dictionary.
 
Off to take a peek now to see what everyone else is doing with the  letter 'F'.
 
Thanks for peeking!
Jan x

24 comments:

  1. The sweetest angel girl--- wonderful with her red shoes and flower!!
    Love you used a microscope slide , and your texts inside and out!!
    Hugs, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gorgeous, and works really well as an add on extra to the tray. Super job, BJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! How utterly fabulous she is!!! So clever and creative and unique! I love how your creative mind works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...gorgeous work Jan, love your altered item, you had some super ingredients to work with, all put together beautifully...Melxx :)
    Love your blog header too X

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty and unique Jan! Thanks for coming over to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous lady! Such a clever idea, especially hanging off the box to make up the 26 letters, you are a genius girl! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. O my Goodness Jan, This is amazing... such a clever idea... Love it...you are so talented... Thank you for the fabulous inspiration... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jan - I hve no earthly idea how you did this -- all I know is that is is super and quite creative!! Wow - I am a minnow swimming in a very BIG pond!!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful make and a great word to chose

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another beautiful addition to your tray Jan. The legs look great x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I now look forward to what you are going to create and this did not disappoint, she is charming. So clever. I love her shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it - very creative!! I'm sure we'd all love to see a photo of your printer tray at the halfway point!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely entry - gorgeous with all those details - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cool, that's a wonderful idea. Looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is amazing! love your female

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just visiting the F pages...
    Awesome - she is so cute!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok, this is brilliant! How you thought to add the legs is beyond me, but totally makes it. And I love the transfer you did on the slide as well.
    And yay! So happy to have you playing along with the SOC this year and thank you for helping me to spread the word. As a matter of fact, I just moved your beautiful pink thank you card from year one to my new inspiration board just last week.
    Thank you, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. She`s beautiful, Jan! Love the idea and your design. Stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous female addition to your tray, wonderful.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. She is so cute. I love it.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing as ever Jan, very inspiring
    Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)