Friday, 14 June 2013

Summer of Colour 3 -Week 1 - Giddy up

 
Summer of Colour 3- Week 1  
Citron Green & Turquoise
 
YAY!!.... 
The Summer of  Colour
started this week 
 hosted by the lovely and talented Kristin
-oOo- 
 This is my third year of taking part in SOC, each time I've managed to shake it up and do something a little different.  
So this year I thought I would teach myself to embroider!
I got this fab book last year
 
and have been meaning to stitch a little something....
So this challenge has pushed me into hunting out my old cross stitch stash that was hidden deep in the loft cupboard.
So with hoops and cottons sorted.....
This is my contribution for
 Citron Green and Turquoise.
 
Embroidered onto a vintage doily , using back stitch, scatter stitch and straight stitch....then added some buttons, lacy wings, crochet flower and lace.
Mmmmmm....I may just use all my embroidered pieces and make a Summer of Colour Sampler when the challenge is complete
Looking forward to seeing what everyone else has done with these colours and next weeks Colour prompt..
-oOo-
...if you would like to join in the fun hop over to
 
Thanks for Peeking!
Jan x

21 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Your embroidery is absolutely gorgeous, and the fact that it is embroidered onto a vintage doily makes it all the more beautiful! I love your creativity!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what fun approach to the summer of colour - she has such energy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I love this piece. I love that it is a different take on the Challenge. I am doing a similar thing. Visiting from SoC

    ReplyDelete
  4. that s sooo pretty Jan!!! I want to do that, but alas I am a beginner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Jan :). This is so very sweet work :). How fun to play along with embroidery, I love stitching too and am still learning embroidery :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving your beautiful embroidery. Happy SOC, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is great Jan and a wonderful use of the colours. I think doing a sampler would be a GREAT idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful embroidery! Wish I could do that ... lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow. This is lovely you learnt those stiches fast. Very impressed. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful that your learned to embroider. I used to know how.:) Great job and the colors are great. Love your little girl. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is an extraordinary task... as someone who is chronically sewing challenged I can only bow to your talent... awesome...xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your embroided piece is fabulous...x

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so pretty...And you have a great job! I have been thinking of learning it as well, just know 2-3 stitches. One of my aunts was extremely good at it.
    Following you :)
    Deepa
    http://deepazworld.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh!!! I AM IN LOVE. Mushy Gushy Love. This is gorgeous. Learning embroidery in on my to-do list, this shunts it further to the top. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely lovely lovely, Jan! Cute little girl, I'm loving her sweet little face :) It's so good to see you're playing along with SOC again this year.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. SO adorable! I LOVE that you're planning on a series and this first piece is just perfect. She's such a sweetie (love her little shoes ;) and your stitching skill is impressive. I'm thrilled that you're playing again, thank you!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. So darling - hard to believe you're relatively new at it! I can't wait to see what comes next.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty and sweet and wonderfully creative! Love it! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)