Wednesday, 12 June 2013

We are family....


Another family challenge....
I got some lovely new Scrapbook papers last Christmas..
and they are a lot brighter than I usually play with!!
 I've been a little scared to attempt to scrap with them!!
-oOo-
So I decided to share some papers with my cousin Kerry and her mum (my Auntie Joan) and hopefully inspire me to get out of my colour comfort zones!!
...We decided to do another scrappy challenge .
Using a similar photo of the 4 McCarthy Sisters (Kerry's mum, my mum and my 2 other Aunties)
Using these 3 double sided bright and breezy papers...

 
and my challenge was to add at least one button and some stitching....
Now I couldn't just add 1 button could I...so there is 4 on my page!!
-oOo-
 here is my Layout....
 
Now it's a little too busy for my liking...but they may be due to my phobia of vibrant colour!!...I've added red lace, some bunting, buttons, stitching, bull-dog clip, Prima flowers,TH metal saying, wooden heart charm, washi tape, bakers twine and paper clip.
 
..and here is my Auntie Joan's lovely version....
Love the Title,
 flower cluster (with buttons), stitching and bunting...
You did a fabby job Auntie Joan :)
-oOo-
... and this is Cousin Kerry's take on our little family challenge.

Another amazing page.
Love how Kerry has stitched the title, layered the papers and embellies...
and the little tag made out of the scrapbook paper is inspired.
-oOo-
I LOVE seeing what we all did with the same papers...
Thanks for another great challenge!
Mmmmm...ready for another one Ladies!....
 
Thanks for Peeking!
Jan x
 

3 comments:

  1. Great challenge Jan and as soon as I get those photo's printed of the whole party I will send you a copy and we can use the other papers. Take you out of your comfort zone again!!
    I love all the subtle differences, so many elements were the same but it shows our individual styles.
    Kerry. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these layouts... Fantastic vibrant colours... each of you have done a Gorgeous job... What a great pic to work with.... Brilliant work Girls... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! You all did such a great job. I love that bright and happy paper.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)