Wednesday, 24 July 2013

Summer of Colour 2013 and some Generous Gifts....

 ...and what a lovely Summer of colour it has been!
Inspired once again by the lovely
successful and popular
I've had so much fun teaching myself to embroider each week
using the unusual (and out of my comfort zone) colour prompts.
and using this fab book...
Here is a round up of my stitchery efforts...






 
and I decided to turn them all into a
Summer Of Colour 2013
Stitchery sampler
...So I altered one of my vintage babies petticoats with all my weeks embroidery pieces
then added some more doilies, buttons lace etc....
and voila....
 and not only was it an amazing challenge
but the icing on the cake was  I won one of Kristin's
Generous and Wonderful weekly prizes!
....of all these lovelies!!
Thank you for your time and generosity Kristin
(and for your good taste in arty supplies!!)
 Can't wait to have a play with some of these goodies
 
I've really enjoyed this weekly challenge.
 it's been great fun blog hopping...peeking at so much varied art and lovely talent out there around the globe in blogland and on FB!!
....So Thank you again Kristin and to all the lovely people visiting me and for your wonderful inspiration and lovely encouraging comments!
 
but like all good things, they have to come to an end...
So sad...
But the Great news is, Kristin is already got plans for next year..
Wahooo!
 
Will look forward to it!!
-oOo-
I also found Monique's lovely arty Blog through this fab challenge, and became a follower, little did I know I became her 100th stalker!!
So she asked if she could send me something for being her 100th follower ...
(So much kindness and generosity in Blogland!) 
and look at this lush package I have just received from
The Netherlands...
and this is what it contained .....
a gorgeous altered notebook
with beautiful Paris themed charms
...inked and stamped 
...and filled with wonderful altered pages
already to be filled with notes and ideas
which I'm going to make good  use on my French trip in September
 Thank you again Monique!
I Love it!!
 
 Thanks for Peeking!
Jan x

 

8 comments:

  1. Oh Jan, your altered baby's petticoat is just adorable! What a great idea to put them all together like that - it makes such a lovely finished piece to remind you of SOC.

    You were so lucky to win the SOC draw AND Monique's wonderful gifts!

    I'm looking forward to next year's SOC already - see you there (and before that, of course!!).

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE how you displayed all your wonderful embroidery = and lucky you with the prizes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh jan , I have loved seeing your embroideries and to see them alltogether is just so special...what a great learning curve for you it has been too... you have some lovely wins there too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you have displayed all your lovely stitching on that petticoat! It looks so pretty, like a modern day sampler. Glad too that you won all those lovely goodies, you will so know what to do with them! ( just back from France myself, love the idea of the book!) hugs, barb xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Jan,
    your embroidered little dress, is the sweetest! I love your little figures, and all is so wonderfully done- so beautiful!
    And congratulations with all your wonderful gifts, from lovely blogland! So many goodies, and gorgeous gifts- The altered book is so beautiful!!
    Hugs, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jan, O my word...What a GORGEOUS project...The little dress is AmAzing.. your beautiful needlework is outstanding it's so Beautiful!! I'm so glad you won all those fabulous goodies from blogland...enjoy!! Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. NO WAY!!!! Now THAT is the coolest little dress ever! WHAT a wonderful, clever idea. I loved watching your stitched pieces build over the weeks and can't pick a favorite! I love the deer and the owl and the clothes line and my daughter loves the squirrel - but they are all so adorable.
    Thank YOU for all that you did this year - so happy your goodies arrived safely!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful little baby's petticoat. All the embroidery makes it look so wonderful, WOW.
    I'm so glad that you like your little book, I was hoping vintage and red would be your colors, as I peeked a little at your site and the things you were making =), especially the alphabet box spoke to me, realy gorgeous letter box. I'd love to see it finished by the end of the alphabet.
    Enjoy your trip to france and I hope you get good use from your little notebook.
    xx Monique

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)