Wednesday, 23 October 2013

Knit and Stitch!!!.....

Oh.. it's been so busy in the Smifferoo household ....
Not had a chance to blog about my lovely day out at
 The Ally Pally Knitting and Stitching Show...
I was lucky enough to win two tickets from these lovely people...
Ali and Tony at Crafty Ribbons 
-oOo-
...and this knitting covered taxi was what greeted us at the entrance to the show!.....
Fabulous show...with loads of inspiration 
Loved these knitted bags...and just look at those ginormous buttons.
Just had to buy a couple for my button collection!!
 ...and talking of whoppers...Giant Knitting needles!!
You can make some lovely rugs with these!
 ..and beautiful display pieces everywhere.

I particulary liked a collaged clothing collection by Mandy Patullo
I had a few little purchases of knitting mags, fabric and Buttons!!
 

-oOo-
Now I've always loved a bit of stitchery...and my mum tried her hardest to teach me to knit when I was younger...Bless her...but being a bit of a tomboy..I would rather have a game of footie with my brother and his friends LOL!!
A little while back I taught myself to knit (again) via the internet (what we do without it now eh!!) to make some simple hats for the
The Big knit in 2011 (HERE)
...but I never picked up my needles again until recently....
I knew how to knit and purl
but had forgotten how to cast on..and had no clue how to cast off!!
So.... I joined a local knitting group
of Nattery Knitters run by Susan
...and have just recently accomplished my first Patterns
Meet Nigel the Gnome....

 
...and his friend Marvin the Moose
 
we've also been busy knitting hearts for charity...
 
Thanks for Peeking!
Jan x

8 comments:

  1. Love Nigel, where did you get the pattern? You look as though you had a great time at the show & how cool is the knitted taxi! We have a Smart car with a quilted cover in Banchory :-)


    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan, how lucky you are being able to go to the Knitting and Stitching Show.
    If it is the one my danish friend also visited, she told me it was amazing to see all the fantastic things, and materials..
    Your little fellows, looks wonderful, dear.
    Hugs, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful and inspirational day - love that taxi!

    Well done you for teaching yourself to knit from the internet - I keep on promising myself to learn how to crochet from the internet. One day, when I have a spare 5 minutes(!). Nigel and Marvin are brill :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must look out for the next stitching show at Ally Pally I always go to the craft one in April.. it looks fun... Great news on the knitting Jan... your projects are Fabulous....Have a happy week... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your knitted creation s are fabulous, I think little knitted things are a real challenge so you are coming up trumps with these! Glad you enjoyed the show it sounds brilliant, I'm off to the NEC in a couple of weeks for the hobbycraft one, love them you get such good ideas! I do wonder how you knit with those huge needles tho! Hugs barb x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you've had lots of fun at the show! I want to learn crochet but I think I will have to teach myself!! Loving Marvin the Moose. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see what you mean about the size of the button Jan!! Wot whoppers. Your little knitted makes are cute. Even though I can knit I'm not sure I could manage those large needles. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooo what fun!!!
    Love seeing all of that eye candy
    and your knitting is really nice too dear Jan!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)