Wednesday, 23 October 2013

L is for locomotive.....

Letter L
 
...is this fortnight's chosen letter for the Alpha challenge

over at
Wow...week 21 already!
...and there is an extra twist this week,
there has to be a window on your creation...
Mmmmm, I had to have a big think about this one...
the L letters that I had in mind had nothing to do with a window!! Agh!
So for much needed inspiration.. I rooted around in my Junk box and came across something that had windows and was perfect for this weeks challenge....
-oOo-

 

I went with the word
Locomotive
for this letter....
 


So in one of my cubbies this week....along with my distressed dictionary definition..
I added a little red Locomotive toy,  (complete with windows!!) and some cheesecloth steam!
I also added an idea-ology 'Expedition'
and a little Lotto number to my tray!
My Printers tray is filling up nicely now...
-oOo-

Off to take a peek now
 to see what everyone else is doing with the  letter 'L'.
 
Thanks for peeking!
Jan x 

21 comments:

  1. I just love the little puffs of smoke :-) the loco is perfect for the challenge!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the red train... the smoke idea is fabulous...I can't wait to see the completed tray it will be amazing.....Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nearly there Jan and this one is a winner, I so love what you are doing in this challenge! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh its just to cute with its muslin steam :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The window thing did give pause for thought. Like your clever colution.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cute lil red train! great idea to use cubbies as window :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the steam, great out-of-the-box thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jan that is amazing and the window element is priceless. Thanks for the visit this week BJ#26

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops just got confused with my WOYWW replies and your Alpha one, do excuse my faux pas. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely little locomotive! gorgeous little lotto part too. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your little train with its windows is perfect for this challenge. Now why didn't I think of that! Narrowed mine down to 4 words and just realised I need to get a shifty on or the whistle will be blown. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect! Your very resourceful and this is another great cubby.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is brilliant! Wondered why you'd used a train but it's a locomotive and red too to fit your colour scheme!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant little cubby for L word love the locomotive and complete with fab steam.

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is brilliant. I think I'd love to have a look through your junk box - you always come up with amazing pieces from it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have pulled it off again. I think your stash box must have magical aspects that there always seems to be something in it for you to use. Lol. Love the details - smoke, tag and lotto number.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great idea! Love your locomotive! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another great cube, would love to see what the entire piece looks like with all those pretty cubes. Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  19. How cool, that's another wonderful cubby.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am always amazed with what you come up with at such a small scale
    Amazing!
    Thanks for playing
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)