Saturday, 9 November 2013

Family Sketch Challenge.....

If you have been following along with my blog....I'm sure you will remember some of the challenges that I have been having throughout the year with my scrapbooking mad cousin Kerry and my equally creative Auntie Joan.
 Today,  I have another one to share with you. We decided that each of us would design a sketch and we would all create a page based on the sketch.
 -oOo-
Here's the sketch that the talented Kerry designed...

and here is the page I was inspired to make from it.....
My page
I  scrapped a pic of my Barney Boy and his furry friend Dolly.
Using a selection of assorted papers, Bo Bunny, Tim Holtz...
shabbied and torn...
embellished with vintage buttons, lace, doilies, tags, washi tape, TH film strip.
Just under the photo, I have made a little collar from some tape measure and a Tim Holtz ideaology buckle.
-oOo-
....and this is what my auntie Joan did with the same sketch
Joan's Page
I Love the blues and oranges colour combo she used, the fab stitching and beautifully co-ordinated flower cluster!
-oOo-
and Kerry's page brought a big smile to my face,
she chose to scrap a piccy of ...
My brother, me, Kerry and her brother

Kerry's Page
 
taken quite a few years ago!!!
Oooooh I was such a tom-boy when I was younger!!
-oOo-
Kerry did a wonderful job with the colour co-ordinated and torn papers and embellies, love the sweet little birdies and hearts!
-oOo-
I really enjoy seeing the results of our fun family challenges, the outcomes always amaze me with the different takes on each challenge.... and it is My turn to create a sketch next!!! Best get my thinking cap on!!
 
Thanks for Peeking!
Jan x

11 comments:

  1. It always amazes me how 1 sketch can turn out so different in a variety of hands, some clean, some modern, some vintage, some grungy....they all look fab!

    Many thanks too for Nigel! I must go rescue some wool from the loft now (it's so cold up there!)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a talented family! Each page is delightful and you can see each of your styles clearly although the same layout. ONE day, when I have more time I mean to have a go at scrapbooking. Great post Jan. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the three fabulous pages... Barney with his lady friend is Gorgeous love the elements you have used...Love the stitching of the second & the great colours....the third has beautiful papers & a brilliant photo...Fabulous work from all... Hugs May x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jan, glad you like our pages and my sketch. All different outcomes as usual! I just realised I forgot to link your blog on my post but all sorted now! Just got home from a crop weekend, exhausted from all the organisation it took and the cooking for 12 people at lunch time today! If you are interested I have another organised for Feb 14th! You don't have to scrapbook, I have ladies that alter and journal too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved seeing all of these different lay outs from one sketch/design! They turned out great and your fur babies aer adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful lay outs, and yours is so beautiful,-love the collar you created, and
    your colours, Jan.
    xo, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super idea - it's interesting to se how you've all interpreted the same sketch. Love the picture of Barney and Dolly and your family photo :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. ps I LOVE that collar, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh they are all lovely jan, nice to see you when you were younger :) love the doggy collar too....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all of the layouts that were created!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the idea of family scrapbook challenges Jan.... all three pages are gorgeous... and how sweet is the pic of you... beautiful...

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)