Friday, 14 February 2014

It must be LOVE......

 
I’m playing along this month with
 -oOo- 
Tim's beautiful inspiration...
Now..when I first saw the stamp that Tim used to make the chalk technique on Tim's Blog...I fell in love with it...but crafty funds are short at the mo...so when I found out that I had won an 'Inspiration Emporium' voucher for my January tag ...(after doing a Happy Dance!!!)..I ordered this stamp and a few other Tim Goodies...
(Thanks again Tim & Mario for my prize!!)
...and I must say it's the first time I have used
Inspiration Emporium
and was very impressed with the service, international postage and speedy delivery from the US!
It's well worth a visit!
-oOo- 
Anyway....here is my version of Tim's February 2014 tag. 

 
I really LOVED all the different layers and techniques shared in this tag.
For my background I used 'Pumice stone' and 'Victorian velvet' distress stains...
and 'Spun sugar' and 'Fired brick' Distress inks through my heart stencil.
 -oOo- 
The chalk-board technique took a few attempts...but I got there in the end...and was pleased with the results.
 
I didn't have any Distress Glitter , so had to improvise by inking my hearts with 'Spun Sugar ' and ' Fired Brick' and coating them in glossy accents....then a little sprinkle of fine glitter. The bird and wings were created in a similar way by painting the chipboard with white paint then also adding the fine glitter to the glossy accents.

I also cut my Arrow in half and placed it onto the heart while the glossy accents was still wet....I think it gives a lovely effect of the arrow piercing the heart once dry!
I also thought it would be fun to add a photo or two from my vintage collection, idea-ology hinge clip and a button.
 -oOo- 
Now...I LOVE HEARTS!!
and got a little carried away playing with my new 'Heart' stencil...
So, still inspired by Tim's tag...
 I went on to make an ATC...

....complete with a vintage photo of a little girl hugging her teddy and an idea-ology hinge clip.
..and a smaller tag for Hubby's Valentine's Pressie!!....

I've also added a vintage image and one of Tim's idea-ology collage keys
-oOo- 
Looking forward to seeing what Tim inspires us with his March Tag..
Which leaves me to wish you a....
Happy Valentine's Day!!
-oOo- 
Thanks for Peeking!!
...and feel free to leave me a comment, so I know you have popped by, then I can pay a visit to your blog too!
Jan x
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful, you pieces are lovely, hearts AND wings then LOL. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness.. These look awesome. So many yummy layers my friend. You know I love that.
    Happy Valentines day.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creations Jan, Love the sentiment too the layers are fabulous... Love the arrow's through the hearts..Brilliant... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Valentine creations, dear Jan! So beautiful:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aha, so that's what you won - fantastic prize and congrats again. You have made a wonderful collection here and so mastered that chalkboard effect - perfect! I really must try harder next month as I sure did mess up this time - lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fabulous! Glad you won such a great prize, this is a brilliant trio, I'm sure Tim and Mario will love it. Big hugs to you, barb xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your version of the tag. It is very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bravo!! I LOVE this! I love the chalkboard look (I would want it too ;) and LOVE that heart stencil. Still, no supplies are as good as the person creating with them - you make it all look so beautiful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous creations Jan,

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)