Tuesday, 25 February 2014

'Paris is always a good idea'......

 
 Over at
Let's get Shabby
We are refreshed from our Festive and New Year break and are continuing on with our Monthly challenges.
So For....
Challenge # 52
It's all about
...being inspired by the above 'SABRINA' picture/poster in in any way.
-oOo-
I was inspired mainly by the colours in the poster
and the 'Paris' aspect of the film where In order to help her forget her woes, Sabrina (Audrey Hepburn) is shipped off Paris in this romantic film.
-oOo-
So for my DT piece I decided to alter a house blank
First of all I tried to paint my house blank in similar colours, mixing up assorted paints to achieve the background of the poster...
 
Then I crackle painted the exterior. and added some painted chipboard elements... 
then I added some 'french' themed craft papers to the backs of some of the compartments...
-oOo-
Then the fun part begins....
filling it with lots of goodies...
Altered vintage tart tins (bought from my recent trip to the Braderie de Lille's -Europe's largest flea market)
vintage buttons, altered bottles, papers, lace, heart and cameo.
altered embroidery hoop
Heart (swap gift from May- May's Happy Daze)
tags, Prima clock face and Tim Holtz goodies (domes , fractured doll (which I've painted) , plaquette and metal word band,

mini altered canvas
altered reel
altered bottles
charms, pins  and lace
-oOo-
I LOVE altering these little houses!!
Now hop over to
Let's Get Shabby
..for the full deets
...and see what other wonderful inspiration the talented shabby girls have created for this poster challenge and there's a fabulous  prize up for grabs for the challenge winner...  
 
Thanks for Peeking!
Jan x
'Paris is always a good idea'
-Audrey Hepburn-
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Very fun project, love all the goodies you have arranged in your fun house.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun project, love all the goodies you have arranged in your fun house.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jan, I totally love your house,-every room is filled with amazing little creations, and beautiful items- a fantastic art-piece.
    THANK YOU for your very kind comment dear.
    xo, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic, I really must try to do one one day. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh its just lovely jan and so much work...love the embroidery hoop with the cute little head piece on the image :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My - just gorgeous Jan!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely adorable, Jan, well done!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A visit to your blog is always a good idea too Jan - wow, wow, wow!!! Stunning, love the altered embroidery hoop in particular, but it's all gorgeous. Your love of altering these really does shine through xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jan, I love my visits to your blog the inspiration is fabulous... WOW...Love your altered house...so much wonder to look at...every room is packed with adorable pieces... I can't stop looking at it...I can see you enjoyed every moment of putting this together....Love it all.... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely glorious - what gorgeous crackle, and so many amazing bits and bobs to get lost in gazing at. I would love to join as a Follower - but I'm one of the people suffering from whatever's going on with GFC at the moment - as soon as it's fixed, I'll be back!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)