Tuesday, 4 March 2014

A Country Retreat.....

Whilst blog hopping I came across a fab competition on 
-A free sample of fabric and a chance to win £1000-
-oOo-
Hillarys 
Blinds
...are giving away an amazing One thousand pounds to a handmade hero who can write a fantastic blog past about how they transformed a piece of fabric from their exclusive
 Country Retreat range into an incredible craft creation.
-oOo-
Hillarys Blinds
Country Crafts Competition
-Country Retreat Range designed by Victoria Robinson-
 
After making up my mind what fabric to choose....
(I loved the 'Bird Parade Teal'...and the 'Wild Poppies Vermillion' caught my eye!!...and 'Calluna Amethyst' was sooooo pretty!!....)
Decision Decisions!!...
...but I finally decided opt for a free sample of the Vintage Country retreat looking
 'Patina Pewter'
This is what I received from the lovely peeps at Hillarys
.....and I decided to create one of my Altered Art Dresses 
I started off by creating my Art dress, by making my own simple pattern with the quality fabric.
 
Then I sorted through all my vintage and crafty supplies to find somethings to compliment this fabulous  Hillary's 'Patina Pewter' fabric.
(This is the bit I enjoy doing the most!!- choosing and sorting through my vintage laces, buttons and embellies etc.. I could do this all day long LOL!)
-oOo-
Then when I've decided what to add...I stitch, stitch away...(all by hand!) ....and this is the end result...
My...
Country Retreat Dress
....adorned with vintage laces and buttons.
I made a pocket from Hessian and a vintage doily...
More stitching!...
...filled it with an altered fractured doll and dolly pin.
I transferred the vintage image (copied from one of my own vintage photos) onto some fabric.
Adorned the pocket with, pull, rusty keys and bells
and various fabric elements. 
-oOo-
And this is the reverse of the altered dress
complete with lace wings ...
...all ready to fly away to a country retreat!!

-oOo-
Those lovely people at Hillarys were so generous with their 'Patina Pewter' fabric sample...I had plenty of material left over...
to make a little Country Retreat Shabby Heart
-oOo-


If you fancy transforming some fabby fabric...You need to Hurry....requests for fabric will close on Monday 17th March 2014 - you then need to create your blog post by March 31st and email it to Hillarys 


 Further details are in the links above.

Thanks for Peeking!
Jan x
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Jan, oh this is amazing, I thinkyou created a fantastic piece of art, I love your dress, and the wonderful heart,too.... I wish you much luck winning the competision ,you surely created a gorgeous piece, dear.
    xo, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is nothing short of stunning and so original too. Thanks so much for sharing and best of luck in the competition - You've got my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing ! We what beautiful work...absolutely gorgeous xx the heart is stunning too! Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Jan! I think your dress would look great on the cover of a magazine - or advert for Hillarys. Good luck in the competition and thanks for all the links xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breathtaking, Jan! Good luck in the competition, you sure have my vote! The dress is beautiful and I love the heart, too. What a keen eye you have!
    xoxo
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW...Amazing work Jan....this is so beautiful... the Gorgeous fabric, the lace, the detail & design is outstanding....Love it all... the heart is gorgeous too....wish you lots of luck x x x Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely awesome Jan, this is a winner for me! I love your altered dresses and this is my favourite to date. Very good luck in the competition, I shall look at the link now! Hugs, Barb xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My Goodness, Jan, this is absolutely ADORABLE!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE what you did with the fabric (all those fabrics are gorgeous, how did you choose?!).

    Good luck!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can not find the right words to comment on your fabric work, Jan! They are always beautiful and rich in details, with new inspirations! So cool:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my stars!! These are amazing my friend! You do shabby so well!

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, gorgeous dress Jan. Just been on Sherry's blog and ordered my material and come on over to see what you have made. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello jan
    Thanks for bringing me to your lovely blog by commenting on my Friendship Book. Yes that is a great idea isn't it - with the Prayer Flags!
    Your little altered art dress is simply gorgeous and you have put so much detail into your piece.
    I wish you all the very best in the competition and thanks for sharing it all with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)