Saturday, 15 March 2014

Spring time in London......

 
I’m playing along again this month with
 -oOo- 
Tim's beautiful March inspiration...
...and here are my versions, inspired by Tim's March 2014 tag. 

These are the bolder versions, which I prefer.
I tried both the bolder and softer versions, but was not so keen on the softer look. (I think it was because of my choice of stamps?)
-oOo-
Sadly, I don't own any of the stamps that Tim has used on his smudged stamp tag...but do love his choices especially that wonderful egg stamp!
So...I hunted through my stash of stamps, and decided to do a couple of styles, one in a similar 'spring time' look...also incorporating a nest (inkadinkado) and Butterflies (Andy Skinner/Rubber stampede)...and one totally different tag, a London/Travel theme.... London Bus (PaperArtsy) The Girl(docrafts) mini Globe (Tim Holtz)
-oOo-
I've added some Tim Holtz Idea-ology Key and charms to my tags
I don't have a spritzer either, but that's definitely at the top of my crafty shopping list!...So, I've just inked my Tim Holtz layering stencils (Bubble, Doily and Splatters)..... coloured in my stamping with Distress Markers (Pumice stone, fired brick and stormy sky)

Distress inks used...(Fired brick, Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Walnut stain, Peacock feathers, and tumbled glass)
 
....assorted idea-ology Remnant Rubs, assorted tissue tapes, Natural Hemp cord, word bands,
idea-ology Charms and key.
Painted word bands
 
-oOo-
Looking forward to the April tag now.
So until next time.....
Thanks for Peeking!
Jan x
 

14 comments:

  1. Wow these are both gorgeous - I love the little girl....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan...your tags are awesome! I love both of them! I am really in love with that sweet little girl and the double decker bus on your London tag. Those are very cool images that I've not seen before! Both of your tags are beautifully done. I also wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your thoughts. They are always appreciated. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your take on Tim's Tags looks awesome. LOVE Both of them....

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're both lovely Jan - the London one is my favourite though xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tags that you're sharing this month Jan :-) not sure where I'll be going with this one yet or the chalkboard one for that matter (not a style I'm keen on)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW... Jan I Love them both...your takes are fabulous...Just trying to finish mine now....Love the London Bus stamp....Have a great Sunday... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are both wonderful, Jan,- and the stamps you used beautiful .
    Love the splatter tecnique and sweet charms you added, dear.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Jan, your tags are absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Olá, Jan!
    Vim agradecer sua visita ao meu blog e seu comentário sobre o projeto que fiz para o desafio Let's get shabby.
    Você é uma fabulosa scrapper, seus projetos são incríveis!
    Envio abraços aqui do Brasil para você.
    Marlei

    ReplyDelete
  10. Late comment because me blogger was giving me grief! Back on line, I love these Jan, such an original and very you take on his tags! Hugs, barb x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love them both Jan but I think I am drawn to the red one - Fab stamping and compositions. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful tags, but I love the one with the child.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Saw these on Pinterest and had to pop along to say a huge "WOW" - I absolutely love them!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What gorgeous tags, can't believe I didn't comment earlier! Although I am a bit behind as I have only just bought the spritzer and the stencil TH used last month! Ho Hum

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)