Thursday, 1 May 2014

Compendium of Curiosities 3 - Challenge 1.... Are you curious?....

Wahooo!...
I've got my copy of Tim Holtz's fabulous new
 Compendium of Curiosities Volume III.
....So I was delighted to see that the wonderful
of Studio L3
 has started up a new challenge
 again this year, based around the techniques in Tim Holtz's third volume.  
...and this time Linda also has a talented 'crew' alongside her, to help to inspire us all. 
Tim and Mario have donated a big box of goodies for a lucky winner !
and, yes there's more....
Inspiration Emporium is sponsoring this challenge, and some lucky creative soul will win a $50 gift certificate to spend in their fantastic online store. (I've used Inspiration Emporium recently and highly recommend the super efficient service they provide)
Challenge 1 
New challenges will be posted fortnightly. The first challenge is paint marbling as shown on page 43 of Tim's book.  These are the backgrounds I came up with using that technique.
 
 
I just adore the yummy variety of colours in the distress paints and had lots of messy painty fun with this technique. I just love how no two backgrounds will be the same.
...and this is what those painty backgrounds inspired me to make...
first of all, went down my crafty stash to find some items to alter my tag with, vintage postcard, buttons, assorted remnant rubs and other idea-ology embellies.
-oOo-
and this is the end result...
Thanks for Peeking!
Jan x
 

15 comments:

  1. Hello Jan,
    Your tags looks so beautiful, in that marbling tecnique, -and what a fantyastic piece after
    you finished adding all the lovely and beautiful pieces to it, -to tell "the story" about that darling little girl!
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Jan! I really like how your backgrounds turned out especially the darker ones, and the one you chose for your project is perfect, subtle and pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful write up, and WOW all your tags are gorgeous! I love the design on your tag, and the image is beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us in the first challenge at CC3 Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Jan! Your marbled backgrounds are amazing! Love them all! Your finished piece shouldn't be called a "tag"...it's so much more than that! You have created such an eclectic piece of art here. I love all of your little buttons, wings, arrows, fractured doll and that darling little vintage girl image that you've put together in such a wonderful way. Thanks for sharing your art with us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog post and fantastic project! love all the embellishments on the tag! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jan, LOVE your marbled backgrounds...the end result is amazing... I adore all the layers & fantastic embellishments... The image is perfect... Have a happy weekend...Brilliant creation... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, the colours are super aren't they. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Jan, your tag turned out amazing! Love the pink in the marbling effect plus all the yummy embellies you added. And by the way, I want to steal all those tags off your desk. They look great with nothing on them but Distress Paints. Have fun making more lovely creations and thanks for playing along in the CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jan. I am back for another look at your gorgeous piece as well ! It really is an awesome beyond tag! Thank you for the huge compliment you paid to my ATB. That made me feel so good. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Jan.... so so gorgeous.... I didn't realize Tim had a another book out... I love love the marbling.... those colors are just delicious... and your vintage image is adorable... beautiful work... as always X

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH MY STARS... This looks so awesome. I always love the shabby feel your work has. The vintage image you used looks wonderful. I am looking forward to seeing more tags..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  12. What gorgeous works of art, dear Jan! The backgrounds à la Tim Holtz are unique.
    I wish you a nice weekend (Here it is gray and cloudy. Hopefully in Essex is better weather!)
    Hugs and smile
    MARTINA oxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your imagination knows no bounds Jan. This is just so full of embellishments and those marbled background tags look scrummy. All my fav colourways. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Jan - it's easy to see you've been having a ball with the Distress Paints - what fabulous marbling! Glorious backgrounds, and the finished piece is an absolute delight.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)