Saturday, 17 May 2014

Compendium of Curiosities 3 - Challenge 2.... Distress Glitter

Don't ever let anyone dull your sparkle

Over at Studio L3
the lovely Linda Ledbetter is hosting challenge #2 of the new
Compendium of Curiosities Challenges
with her talented crew...
using the Tim Holtz Compendium of Curiosities Volume III book.
...and for this challenge  The Funkie Junkie Boutique and Tim and Mario have very generously donated prizes!
Challenge 2
The Second challenge is Distress Glitter as shown on page 56 of Tim's book.
Now, I'm not usually a glitter kind of girl...but the distress glitter is a little different...It as the look of glass glitter , so looks fab on vintage shabby style projects.
 ...and the cool thing about Distress Glitter is.... it is totally inkable once dry :)

Anyway, here is me... getting my glitter on!....
First of all ...gather some supplies to start me off!
I decided to alter a 7gypsies Tryptich House.
and here are the results!....
I've glittered some butterflies, dragonfly, wings and leaves using Tumbled glass and Spun sugar distress glitters
I love the way the distress glitter looks when it catches the light! So cool!

Ingredients
Tumbled glass and spun sugar distress glitters
spun sugar, broken china and picket fence distress paints
assorted papers and vintage emphera
lace, ribbons and fabric flowers
assorted chipboard shapes...wings, butterflies, dragonfly and leaves
assorted idea-ology....crown, heart, buckle, bird, word-band and industrial borders.
white highlighter pen.
7gypsies Tryptich House,
Vintage photo (photocopied x3)

Looking forward to Challenge #3 now! ;)
Thanks for peeking!
Jan x
 

18 comments:

  1. So delightful, and I know what you mean about not being into glitter...I struggle with it too :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...Jan this is so beautiful... I adore the glitter... the design is amazing your attention to detail is outstanding...The image & colours are fabulous...Love it all.... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jan, what a very extraordinary and wonderful creation! Love your Tryptich House:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,wow and wow! The colours are gorgeous,I think this challenge is definitely changing people's mind about glittery things! You have some fab ideas,never ceases to amaze me what crafty people can create!

    Donna.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this tryptich, Jan! Awesome use of Distress glitter! I love the use of the soft colors, especially as you have used a photo of a young child! Thanks for playing along with us!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving this my friend. always love to see what you create.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  7. How very beautiful, so very lovely, dear Jan,- I love your soft colours and the glittered pieces, the image is adorable, too- and so sweet the qoute. A wonderful tryptich,
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - what a fabulous triptych! I love the photo echoed from panel to panel, and gorgeous glittery goodness throughout - so pretty!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've gone and done it again Jan - made me say WOW!!! Absolutely beautiful, so much detail, pretty colours and that distress glitter - another wow! I haven't got any distress glitter and as I'm off on holiday next week, decided to give this challenge a miss. I hadn't realised just how pretty the glitter could look - being distressed and all. Must put some on my next wish list I think :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Jan.... it is always so lovely to pop around here.... and soak in the deliciousness... truly beautiful..... love the distress glitter... just perfect on your vintage house.... and the soft colors are so sweet....

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE!!! The photo, the colors, the glittery wings and items, the window, and the design! All gorgeous! Thank you so much for playing along with us on the glittery challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous! Love how you've framed that photo three different ways, and the wings are divine! Thanks for joining us at CC3C. Glad to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jan...your triptych houses are beautiful! I love the colors and the whole idea behind this! Each part has it's own personality but all with a very vintage, shabby chic feeling. I totally agree with you...Tim's Distress Glitter remind me of vintage glitter glass as well. Beautiful project! Thanks for sharing your art with us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  14. ADORABLE! I really like how you did the butterfly/moth (in the last photo) - is it rubber stamped and then highlighted?

    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice. I like all the glitter and shine..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Jan, I've been in a triple mood too! I love the colours here and the adorable images, you have really used the glitter to great heights, it's lovely. Hugs barb x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay, this is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous! I love the soft look of it all - and now I have to try those distressed glitters - I love that they can be inked on - I didn't know that. Hmmm, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. A seriously imaginative way of using these glitters Jan. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)