Saturday, 31 May 2014

Compendium of Curiosities 3 - Challenge 3.... Faux Roses...


Over at Studio L3
the lovely Linda Ledbetter is hosting challenge #3 of the 
Compendium of Curiosities Challenges
with her talented crew...
using the Tim Holtz Compendium of Curiosities Volume III book.
...and for this challenge  INSPIRATION EMPORIUM, and Tim and Mario have very generously donated prizes!
 
Challenge 3
Challenge #3 is Faux Tea Rose Technique as shown on page 65 of Tim's book.
-oOo-
I've had my eye on the Tattered pinecone die for ages!!!
Seeing all these lovely faux roses in Blogland
soooooo...I treated myself , and bought it this month...
...and it may just become my favourite die!!
-oOo-
Anyway, here are the main ingredients for my tag....
...and this is what I made for the challenge.....
My first attempt at faux roses (these are my very  first 3 roses!!)
They were a little fiddly at first...but I just love the result!
I'm sure I'm going to be making heaps of these little lovelies!!
-oOo-
French Industrial papers for the background
inked and stencilled
Distress inks, embossing powder & embossed antiquities
TH Tattered pinecone ,Ornate frame, Magnolia banner dies
die cut shapes (with a little faux rust!)
Remnant rubs, rusty wire, bulb, heart, chain
and I made a teeny monocle out of a jump ring and some chain!
-oOo-
If you are interested in joining in these challenges...Hop over to Linda's Blog...and for some amazing inspiration too!
Thanks for Peeking!
Jan x 

18 comments:

  1. Oh this is fab Jan,I'm glad you put the roses with a male image too! By the way, love the idea re the monocle,must try that one!

    Have a great weekend

    Donna.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your roses are fab. I have this pine cone die but have never tried making roses using it. I think a little play is in order. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, absolutely beautiful, Jan! I love the beautiful roses mixed in with the gears! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan what a lovely result. Happy that you bought the Pinecone die... And oh my.. You succeeded so well doing the roses. I must admit I tried many times te rolling flower dies. And never felt satisfied. Guess I'll just need to try again and again. If this was your FIRST attempt you must be very talented.... Wow... !!!!
    What paper did you use for the rolled flowers ? Love the ways you colored them too...
    Thank you for sharing your art.
    Hugs from SPAIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment, I cut my flowers out of the paper from the Tim Holtz papers (French Industrial Paper stash) it's a nice thickness for rolling these roses :) x

      Delete
  5. Wow! Amazing details Jan and I can't imagine working on something as small as a tag! Your roses look lovely and I adore the little banner. Hope you are all well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful and stunning tag, dear Jan……. I like the applications you have used! BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Jan,
    this is so amazing, -there are so many wonderful details, LOVE the roses,- and the monocle for him,-ofcourse !! :-) so gorgeous.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! Your tag looks amazing. So many wonderful Layers my friend. And those roses look awesome. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jan...your tag is awesome! I love everything about this! You've used so many Tim elements on this and they are look like they were made to go together! The steampunk feeling you've given to this tag through the gears and the gentleman with the "monocle" and chain and the ornate frame around him are brilliant! Your faux tea roses are such lovely colors and beautifully done! Thanks for joining us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous tag, Jan! Love the clusters of embellishments you've included with the tea roses. Just stunning! Thanks so much for joining us at CC3C.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice, Jan!! I love masculine & feminine elements combined, lovely effect. I really like the way your colors balance out, too. Thanks for your kind comment on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blown away here! I LOVE every aspect of this...simply stunning and designed so perfectly! Thanks so much for joining us on this rosy challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy cow, this tag is beyond amazing! All the lovely details, I could look at it all day. And those roses are perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at the CC3Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is lovely Jan, you have really mastered the art of the tea rose! I agree they are fiddly but so worth doing. I love the colours you have chosen, this is a beautiful tag, such great details. Hugs, Barb x

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's absolutely stunning, Jan... amazing colours, so zingy and bold, with the gears echoing the roses so beautifully. Fabulous composition with the recurring shapes too. Absolutely in love with this!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Superb Jan! LOVE what you've done with the cogs and the chain, and the background paper has been altered brilliantly. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)