Friday, 20 June 2014

Compendium of Curiosities 3 - Challenge 4.... Layering stencil -texture paste


Over at Studio L3
the lovely Linda Ledbetter is hosting challenge #4 of the 
Compendium of Curiosities Challenges
with her Uber talented crew...
using the Tim Holtz Compendium of Curiosities Volume III book.
...and for this challenge  The Funkie Junkie Boutique,, and Tim and Mario have very generously donated more prizes! Soooo generous :)
I've been so busy the past fortnight...but I've managed to catch some creative time ... hubby is away on business, the boys are at college/work.. and Barney Boy is snoozing a usual!! (Dog's Life eh!!)..So no distractions!!.... this challenge closes today :O ... But, I find I create much better when time is limited.. I don't seem to doodle and change my mind as much!! How about you?
Anyway....
Challenge 4
Challenge #4 is Layering stencil -texture paste technique as shown on page 49 of Tim's book.
-oOo-
Anyway, here are the main ingredients for my tag....
and this is what I made for the challenge.....
I enjoyed this technique so much...I created 6 tag backgrounds with a variety of stencils and different coloured inks....
(It's amazing what you can achieve with no distractions LOL!)
Then I chose 2 of my texture paste backgrounds to decorate....
I've used the Hollybough stencil for the texture paste with this one.
and the Bubble stencil for inking...
 
and for my second tag....
I've used the Measured and Burlap stencils with the texture paste
and the Bubble stencil for inking...
Both images are from Tim's idea-ology Found Relatives ..(I just adore the vintage portraits used in this collecton.)
Inks & stains
assorted idea-ology
ribbons & lots of vintage buttons!!
-oOo-
If you are interested in joining in these challenges...Hop over to Linda's Blog...and for some amazing inspiration too!
Thanks for Peeking!
Jan x 
 

 

10 comments:

  1. WOW! They are both awesome, I loves the chappy one the best I think, no, wait, I love the gal one... Thanks for playing along with the CC3 Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tags are fabulous Jan!!!
    I am especially drawn to your butterfly girl with her pretty colors too!
    Clearly you are having a wonderful time...
    Happy Weekend to you
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously adore both of these Jan! You looked beyond the obvious with that Hollybough stencil and made it summery and girly - way to go you! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I love your use of the Holly stencil without a Christmas theme. Thanks for joining us for CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both awesome! I love the images! I love the colors! I love the embellies! I love the texture! Thanks so much for joining us on this texture challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jan...oh my goodness! I TOTALLY LOVE THESE TAGS!!! Your use of Tim's found relatives on these is fantastic! I love the background colors and all of the layering of the different ephemera that you've used with them. Beautiful work! Thanks for joining us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these are both gorgeous Jan,you do come up with the most fab ideas! I think the girl one is my favourite,these found relatives are brilliant aren't they?

    Hugs
    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous tags Jan, I adore your backgrounds & the elements are fantastic...the colours are amazing...Love Tim's found relatives... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are gorgeous, the backgrounds are wonderful dear Jan, and all your adds of charms and tags, and butterflyes and all the lovely things you collected for them, makes them to wonderful little stories to "read".
    Hugs to you, and a happy new week.
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love texture paste, and those are great images!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)