Thursday, 26 June 2014

SOC WK 3... Pigeon feet......


WOW... we are now on Week 3
of
Summer of Colour Challenge 4
and this weeks challenge colours are....
Lavender & Grey
with a Smudge, Splash or Pop of Plum
-oOo-
Well...I checked my yarn stash, but sadly no Lavender :(

But I'm enjoy my knitty challenges ....and not wanting to miss out knitting another yarn creation...

Soooo... I bought a cheap ball of lavender yarn from the pound shop this week...
-oOo-
When I first saw the grey...I had a little pigeon in mind...

So I trawled pinterest for inspiration

and found a free pattern here on Ravelry ( which I've slightly adapted) ....then added my own details.
and this is the result....
 
Meet Penny!
Knitted in Grey, with a lavender tummy & crochet flower and Plum feet.
-oOo-
If you haven't already joined in the fun of this years Summer of Colour...It's not too late....Hop over to .HERE to see what it is all about!
 
Thanks for Peeking!
Jan x

29 comments:

  1. Oh that is super cute Jan,really love the colours on this,love the little feet and flower on her. I really wish I could knit and create something so sweet :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable - love the feet - what a perfect pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you've been using the colors...this is just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just adorable. Love it!
    gloria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jan, Penny is so cute...I adore her little feet...Fabulous idea to use the colours this way...Love it... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again you've made a beautiful softie. Penny looks like she is on her way for something special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny is just like the field pigeon we have here, that's how they sit so quietly and peacefully. I like her crocheted brooch and her lavender tummy and little feet. I'm really enjoying your knitted birds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh another cutiepie ,dear Jan, so sweet with brooch, and her little fat tummy - Love her !!
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  9. xo
    (Can't wait to see these all lined up in a row ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute:)
    I love the little crochet flower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jan! I absolutely LOVE, LOVE Penny! You are so creative!!! I really like visiting your blog and seeing what you come up with each week! You used this week's SOC colors beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Penny! She's so pretty! I want one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, little Penny is just adorable! All of these birdies are going to look so fab together when SOC is finished **sob**!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Jan, you are genius! This is adorableness in yarn <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww... Penny Pigeon is such a cutie!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this is just great! It made me smile to myself!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty much the cutest thing ever! And what perfect colours for a pigeon! I hope you continue and post the whole flock together at the end. They are all delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh so sweet and gorgeous too, I missed all these loveable creations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another stunner! This one makes me laugh for some reason, you can even make a pigeon look good :) I love all the wonderful characters you're creating for this challenge Jan x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)