Saturday, 14 June 2014

SOC Week 1 ....A little birdie told me....

Yayyyy!...
It's that time of year when artists all over blogland  are challenged to get all arty and creative in any medium of their choosing 
...with interesting weekly colour prompts
....given to us by the lovely
 Kristin (Twinkle Twinkle)
I have so much fun with this challenge each year (this will be my fourth year taking part) It's definitely one of my favourite challenges.
 The first challenge is to create anything using the two colours...Aqua Blue and Yellow, with a POP of Hot Pink!!
I wasn't to sure what to do for this challenge...I love to dabble in a variety of arty crafty pastimes ....for the previous SOC challenges I've created cards, painted journal pages and last year I even embroidered...
This past week I have been away on holiday...and not wanting to miss out on week 1 of the challenge... I grabbed some yarn,(In this Bright and happy colour combo) needles and a some patterns and took them with me to a little lodge in the forest!
 
and this is the result....


Mmmm I'm not sure if I'll be knitting every week...I may just mix it up a little and do something totally different each colour prompt?...so watch this space!....
 Now... I' m off to take a peek at what everyone else is doing for this fun challenge!!
Thanks for Peeking!
Jan x

 

19 comments:

  1. Hiya - my first year in SOC - so exciting! Love your bird - BEAUTIFUL! surely surely you have to knit one for each colour challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I didn't miss this, it's terrific. I love her yellow breast and yellow flower decoration and pink stripes. Very clever use of the colours and clever knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's absolutely gorgeous, do you have a pattern perchance, could do with a bit of knitting as it is an age since the sheep! BJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. found you via SOC -
    what a fabby little birdy - so very clever!.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! What an inspired take on the colour challenge!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope yo do knit. This little bird is adorable.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, LOVE this!!! You are so creative and this is such a wonderful way to use the SOC colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. xo!
    (I love this - thank you for taking the challenge on the road with you!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bird is so darn cute! Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love this guy! He looks so lovely with his blue and yellow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH Jaqn, what a sweet ,wonderful bird, what a lovely idea, using the yarn for this sweet birdie, so wonderfully knitted, dear !
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness your little bird is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what a delight! I think this should be the new standard for bluebird of happiness. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a sweet little bird, so cute. : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, so gorgeous - and colourful! What a fantastic start to this challenge Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jan, I adore your sweet little bird...he looks fabulous in his colours...soooo cute... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute little bird. Great colors and I love textile art in any form.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very sweet, I had to comment on each of these adorable birds, quite a collection, each one so special in their own way, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely colours and the flower is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)