Monday, 28 July 2014

A Creative Blog Tour.....


There are so many talented and creative people out there in Blogland! ...and what better way to meet more of them than with an introduction from a bloggy friend?
-oOo-
That’s where a Creative Blog Tour comes in....
 Mandy from 
 ...was kind enough to tag me in this on going Creative tour blog hop. I was delighted to be asked to be a part of it.... and of course I said YES!
Mandy is such a creative and talented scrapper
She runs the..
Let's Get Shabby
 Challenge Blog
(and has put up with me on her DT for the past couple of years!!)
I adore her work and creative style.
....and here's a little bit about Mandy (in her own words from her blog...)
 'We live in a vintage house near the sea....
I cant imagine not seeing the sea. My layouts just about always feature 
my gorgeous daughters, our life, or nature. You'll find a variety 

of scrapping genres - LO's, cards, OTP, journal work and

 Project Life, sketching, painting, photography - just love it all. 
I love nothing more than this, helped along by my computer and a good cup of tea!'

Be sure to hop over to Mandy and say hi ...
Here is her 
-oOo-
...and at the end of this post I’ll introduce you to a couple of  inspirational and creative blogs that I follow (ok....stalk!! LOL) ...be sure to pay them a visit too...and pass on some bloggy love! 
 -oOo-
But before that...The blog tour was set up to allow readers to get to know a little more about other creative bloggers, we were given a list of four questions to answer. So here goes:
moi
What am I working on?
I'm altering a burlap dress form at the moment for a challenge over at Compendium of Curiosities Challenge 3 run by the lovely Linda Ledbetter
It's for an painted industrial challenge...so this will look a little different soon....So if you are interested...you'll have to come back to a future blog post to see how I get on with this ;)
-oOo-
and I've just put the finishing touches to a little altered shadow box
to hang in my craft-room
....filled with lots of lovely Junk..vintage & new!
and my favourite items...BUTTONS!
-oOo-
and some Knitted Bunting...
that Wendy & I have been knitting at our little knitting group for some yarn-bombing planned for later this year!....
....and I just had to sneak a piccy of my Barney Boy in there too!
He's my shadow, so whenever I am creating, he is usually getting under my feet... Or trying to sneak into a photograph (such a poser!)

How does my work differ from others of its genre?
I'm not sure how to answer that...I do like to put my unique touch to projects...with Junk items (hence the name of my blog) I love a good rummage at boot sales...looking for vintage lace, buttons, photographs and other ephemera to use in my artwork.





My style is quite shabby/vintage at the moment...so I LOVE the Tim Holtz craft range of vintage inspired embellishments, stamps, distress mediums etc...
So was sooooo Happy to hear that my two little canvasses
 that I created for Linda's
 Compendium of Curiosities 3, Challenge 6
was chosen as Curiosity Crew’s Choice
and I've won a Tim & Mario Goodie box
Wahoooo!

Why do I write/create what I do?

...because it makes me happy and keeps me sane !! LOL
I've always loved to create...mainly from junk items!
....even from when I was a little girl.... I would get large cardboard boxes, and alter them into cars, houses etc...
having hours of fun decorating them!...and playing in them with my younger brother.
I was always drawing, colouring and making things!
But when I left education and went to work....all that fell by the wayside for a few years...and my love of arting and crafting only resurfaced when I became a stay at home mum.
I took up sewing and x-stitch when my 3 boys were babies..
which led into card-making and lots of other crafty pastimes.
...and lots of messy painty play with the kiddies :)
I like to experiment and dabble in various different crafts….. Drawing, painting, card making, scrap-booking, sewing, embroidery, knitting, rubber-stamping and I also enjoy altering items… especially vintage baby dresses, matchboxes, tins, canvasses and anything else that I can get my crafty hands on! I also like to try out new things all the time and different styles, but I find, I'm usually drawn to shabby and vintage
 
How does your writing/creating process work?
 
Firstly...something needs to spark my imagination...
So visiting a challenge blog is always a good start.
Once I've got a theme in my head
I then rummage through my craft room...looking for bits and pieces that I could use in  that particular project
I really enjoy this part of the process...
....then I sit at my desk and play...putting things together...adding bits, taking away bits...
and 9 times out of 10...I usually get a result that I'm happy with ...
then I may stick...sew...ink...paint....cut...tear...distress to my hearts content :) !!!
-oOo-
Well...I hope you enjoyed my little part of this creative blog tour...
and now, I’d like you to meet these two very creative crafty bloggers and pay them a visit on their lovely blogs:
May
from
http://mayshappydaze.blogspot.co.uk/
 
who... if I remember rightly.. I first come across her lovely creations, when we were both doing a tag challenge.. and I've followed May along her creative journey ever since....always full of wonderful creative inspiration! We have done a couple of crafty swaps...and her artwork and swap goodies are amazing!!
and in May's own words from the bio on her blog...
 I love all things papercrafting, I started scrapping around 6 years ago and that was scrapbooking mostly which moved on to boxmaking, then cardmaking and now I am hooked total paper addict, and their is no cure!

&

Donna
from
 Artfully Challenged
who has only been blogging her gorgeous creations from April this year...just love her creative style and chatty blog posts. Plenty of creative eye-candy on this blog too!
and in Donna's own words from the bio on her blog...
' I love all mixed media work especially from tim and wendy of course! My work is mainly on canvas and tags but I am keen to try other mediums too.'
 
So be sure to pay May and Donna a visit ...and pass on some bloggy love!
Thanks for Peeking!
Jan x



10 comments:

  1. Lovely to see more of your creations Jan as well as getting peeks of your creating station! I'm off to see who else you are stalking out there in blogland now :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan, Wonderful post love to visit your fabulous creations I remember those dresses very well & the canvas's Such breathtaking beauties...Thank you for inviting me to next hop....I love that Barney boy was not left out....so cute.... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much once again Jan for featuring me. Just been drooling over your craft room,you would never get me out of there! Congrats on your win too,I knew that would win as soon as I saw them,beautifully made. By the way,does your little dog 'supervise' you when you're crafting like my cat does with me?!

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved seeing your creations and learning more about you :-) There are so many wonderful Blogs I can't keep up :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jan, what a lovely post to read and to learn more about you. Many congratulations on your win over at CC3C, you are such a deserving winner! Thank you for visiting and joining me, I have joined you too. I love May's work too and have and have followed her since I started blogging. I will check out Donna's blog too. Anne xx

    PS- Barney Boy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so fabulous to look at where you create! What a great space and gee, I'd love to visit and ooh and aaah!! So glad you said yes to the tour, now we get to see what goes on in you creativeness! LOVE little barney boy! Very cute! I remember those dresses! Cant wait to see your burlap form come to life! Love your shadow box, and again...all those wonderful finds!!
    So glad you are a part of Let's Get Shabby too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely blog post about you Jan :) You've showcased your crafting skills beautifully. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your craft room!!! It's so beautiful, I don't think I'd ever want to leave it LOL.
    Your shadow box looks amazing too. Please keep up the good work, no, that should be amazing work so I can continue to stalk to my heart's delight! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am here to visit because I follow May, she is a wonderful blogger friend. You have some very fun and interesting pieces that you created. I love your style! Love your craft storage as well. I am glad May told us to check out your blog.
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing post - so many fab photos of your work and your space. Huge congrats on such a well deserved win for your fabulous canvases too!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jan, finally got round to here and so glad I did, lovely post and nice to learn more about you. Congratulations on your win with those fabulous canvases. Love your knitted bunting and doesn't your dog pose nicely too :) Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)