Wednesday, 9 July 2014

Compendium of Curiosities 3 - Challenge 6.... Altered Burlap Panel

Now....I'm a big fan of mini canvasses.
and....I'm a big fan of burlap too.....
-oOo-
So....... when I saw
that over at Studio L3 
Challenge # 6
 is to Alter one of Tim's Burlap Panels !! 
(technique as shown on page 37 of Tim's book).
I knew I just had to have a play along with this...
I had so much fun..
I ended up altering two panels!!
-oOo-
Anyway, here are the main ingredients for my canvasses....
Distress.... inks, paints and markers
assorted Idea-ology
chit-chat stickers
water pen
&
Found relatives cards (LOVE these)
Tim Holtz Burlap panels
(2 Bare minis) these are approx. 4in x 6in each,
Idea-ology Tissue wrap
and of course Tims...Compendium of Curiosities Volume III book.
-oOo-
I prepared my burlap panels with the lovely idea-ology Tissue wrap.. this is a little thicker than usual tissue...so I found it was a lot easier to adhere to the canvas...
Then the fun begins altering these cute little canvasses
-oOo-
and this is what  I created for this challenge.....
Meet Bertie and Lizzy !
Both images are cut from the 'Found relatives' cards
I've also added.... altered fractured doll,  watch keys, word-band, idea-ology emphera, string, beads,
vintage.... measure tape, buttons & buckles
...and Bertie has his altered pocket watch, watch key, gears, watch face and monocle.
-oOo-
If you want to see what this challenge is all about....Hop over to Linda's Blog...
for the
Compendium of Curiosities Challenge #6
...who along with her talented Curiosity crew...have some amazing canvas inspiration!
-oOo-
You will also need a copy of Tim's
Compendium of Curiosities Volume III book.
...

and for this challenge.
The Funkie Junkie Boutique , Tim and Mario have very generously donated more fabulous prizes!

Thanks for Peeking!
Jan x



 

19 comments:

  1. Fantastic Jan,love both of them. You really do the altered look so well, these are stunning,wish they were on my wall :)

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are brilliant Jan, fantastic collages pieces and I love how you have embellished. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the details you have added to your canvasses as well as the colours you have used. I think it is the yellow pops of colour that really appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love the colours of these, fabulous style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fabulous altered pieces of Art Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love these burlap canvases, Jan! Awesome job! There are so many wonderful little altered details to look at...lots of fun! great job! thanks for joining us for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jan, you did a beautiful job on both! Just absolutely wonderful and they go so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are gorgeous, Jan, how fantastic both. Love all you attached, to your canvasses-and Mr. Bertie is so wonderful.
    Two most beautiful creations, dear.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are fab , full of great and quirky details that really catch the eye xx fab makes x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love what you've created here Jan
    Both canvases are so wonderful ...
    you must be very pleased with the results!
    Happy July!
    oxo
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. These burlap panels ROCK!!! I love them both, especially the wings! Thank you so much for joining us on the altered burlap canvas at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully cohesive art and I love the story you're telling here. Love these panels so much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just discovered your blog. Love these! Great collages. Going to follow and nose around your other posts! Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love what you did with your panels! So many little clever things to look at and find!!! Thanks for joining us in C3C!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holy cow, do I ADORE these canvases! From the color choice in the background, to all the grungy layering, they are fabulous! You're a master with the Idea-ology. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simply magnificent, Jan - these are out of this world wonderful! Fab use of the Relatives, and I love the white highlighting on the chitchat stickers. Beautiful colours and brilliant embellishing - just perfect!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are SO much fun! Sorry to be so late to the party but I wanted to pop in and say how these caught my eye. Thanks for joining us at CC3!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations Jan on your win for this challenge. I'm not surprised you were chosen as your canvasses are wonderful! Enjoy your prize! xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats! These are so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)