Wednesday, 30 July 2014

Compendium of Curiosities 3 - Challenge 7...Painted Industrial


Over at
 is the
 Painted Industrial technique
as shown on page 46 of Tim's book).
-oOo-
I love the look of this technique...
so...I knew I just had to find some time to play along with this challenge...
I decided to alter a burlap blank dress form....that my lovely crafty Texan friend Tina gifted me a while ago
... it's been sitting on my craft desk patiently waiting it's turn to be transformed :)
-oOo-
First...of all I decided to give Betsy (the dress form) some wings.
from this...
to these painted industrial beauties (using the technique in Tim's book)..
 

 
Meet Betsy....my completed altered dress form...
 
complete with painted industrial reel...
 
and painted industrial rose....(created from the tattered pinecone die)
My name 'JAN' spelt out in letterpress blocks, peg, reel & fractured doll
and painted industrial butterfly....
idea-ology Heart charm, buckle, old tape measure, lace & pen nib
-oOo-
I've added some vintage lace to my dress form...I love the contrast between the soft feminine feel of the lace and the severe harsh painted industrial look.

Ingredients...
Sizzix embossing folders (Riveted Metal & Collage),Tattered pinecone die, Black soot distress paint, Ranger foil tape sheets, vintage lace, tape measure, peg & twine
 idea-ology buckle, heart charms, typewriter charms, fractured doll, letterpress blocks, Philosophy tag,
 the crown is a (distressed) IKEA Christmas tree ornament and Tim's Compendium of Curiosities Volume III 
-oOo-
If you want to see what this challenge is all about....Hop over to Linda's Blog...
for the
Compendium of Curiosities Challenge #7
...who along with her talented Curiosity crew...have some amazing painted Industrial inspiration!
-oOo-
You will also need a copy of Tim's
Compendium of Curiosities Volume III book.
...
and for this challenge.
The wonderful Joy and her family at Inspiration Emporium
Tim and Mario have very generously donated more fabulous prizes!

Thanks for peeking
Jan x
 

24 comments:

  1. Hi Jan, this a wonderful piece of art, your attention to detail is fabulous. I love the letters necklace, spool, Charlotte and all the metal touches. A truly wonderful piece of art. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan you do the coolest stuff my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Jan,what can I say but wow again!!! Stunning creation,absolutely love this,wonderful creative piece,speechless! I think this is another winner,well it had better be :)

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks awesome Jan! Glad I could help,lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun piece you've created Jan with the greatest details...
    the metal bits are really WOW too!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. also wanted to say what a great photo you took with the vintage sewing machine and that great green background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BLOWN ME AWAY!!! Love the metal wings, the necklace, the belt, and all the goodies at her feet, especially your name! AWESOME, mega awesome! Thank you so much for joining us in our metalicious challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jan this a truly amazing piece! I absolutely love how you've altered the mannequin with all the industrial bits & the JUNK necklace. The rose looks brilliant, I was thinking of trying that before I came away & now I've seen one....I'll be trying it out soon :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  9. Betsy is AAAHH-mazing! Her painted industrial wings are perfection! Love them! What a neat idea to "dress up" this dress form with so much personality! Love the "junk" necklace and the measuring tape belt with the dangling heart charm. I just love little details like these to take a project from good to great! The letter blocks at the bottom with the tattered flower, the fractured doll and the spool...also amazing! So many Tim elements on this!!! It's wonderful! Thanks for sharing with us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous creation Jan, you could have stopped at the wings but to add the flower, twig, spool and your name - you have just taken it up a few notches and it is a beautiful creation! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Jan,-thi is an amazing piece, you created. WOW I love her wings and the rose, you also created using the technique from Tim, I almost think I need to buy his book ,-
    Your dressform is fantastic, and I love all you added to it, -a GREAT piece ,dear.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did it again Jan, another altered item with the WOW factor! It's brilliant and perfect for your craft room. I love the junk necklace and belt buckle as well as all the metallic elements too - ooh and your name at the bottom too - perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cool project! You did such a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. O my Jan this is incredible...I adore it...the dressform is amazing I was waiting to see what you would come up with...WOW....Fantastic inspiration Jan I LOVE it All.......the wings, butterfly ,elements, I adore the JUNK necklace....I could go on & on.... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Betsy is gorgeous... love all those details that really set her off... Thanks for playing along with the CC3 Challenge and hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely awesome Jan! LOVE the way you've completely transformed this dressform into the beautiful Betsy. You are one clever lady. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a clever girl you are. Those wings are fabulous. I love how you included some accents of the painted industrial technique in your spool, flower and butterfly as well. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad I found you on Donnas blog, your work is beautiful. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Jan! I've been introduced to the Creative Blog Tour by Donna and she mentioned your blog in her post. I'm so glad I visited, your creations are so inspirational and amazing! i have joined your followers and look forward to seeing more crafty goodness from you!
    Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh MY goodness!!!! S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G! *gasp* WOW Jan, what you've done with this dress form! oooh! Love the metal-ised wings! Love the little tape measure belt.... all the little findings gathered around the bottom.... ooooh! You are soooo talented!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is FAB U LOUS! WOw...you leave me speechless! Crazy cool...love everything about your dress form. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super fun altered project, has a nice steampunk look to it.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  23. Totally amazing... love the vintage steampunk look - those wings are stunning!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)