Friday, 25 July 2014

Let's Get Shabby...Read and Craft ....

 

Over at
 
Let's get Shabby
For
It's all about
 A  Book Cover Picture Inspiration…..
Choose a book cover picture and be inspired by it!  
 We need two photos…. one of your book cover and one of your project – let us know how you were inspired .
-oOo-
Here's what I created for my DT piece...
I've bought a few books this week, in preparation for my hospital stay next month...
The book I chose is to be inspired by is 'A Gift to remember' by Melissa Hill...
(Now.... I can't recommend the book, because I have not read it yet).
 
This book has inspired me to create a tag to decorate a present for a special friend. My main inspiration comes from the image of the Gift and the books title.
(Created with distress paints, inks and 'Butterfly Girl' Sam Poole stamp).
Now hop over to
Let's Get Shabby
..for the full deets ...and see what other wonderful inspiration the talented shabby girls have created for this Book Cover challenge and there's a fabulous  prize up for grabs for the challenge winner....
Thanks for Peeking!
Jan x
 

 

7 comments:

  1. Love it Jan,very cute and girly,gorgeous colouring. I do think it's a great themed challenge,trouble is I like so many books so difficult to choose!

    Really sorry to hear about your impending hospital stay Jan,I hope it's nothing serious for you.

    Have a great weekend
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous interpretation Jan! Good luck with the op. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous love what you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely :-) The colours are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your friend will love this gift and card! Beautiful tag... and the image is perfect! (Love the rosette wrapping around the gift too....lovely touch!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huge congratulations on your CC3 win! Well deserved. Thanks for joining my blog too - appreciate it. Good luck with your hospital stay, me too - minor op and then hopefully home recovery. Off to check out Lets get Shabby. Nikki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Firstly, all good wishes for your hospital stay, hope it all goes well xxx
    Love your latest shabby creation Jan, it's gorgeous, your friend should be thrilled x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)