Monday, 18 August 2014

Compendium of Curiosities 3 - Challenge 9...Stamps & Framelits

 

Over at
For 
Challenge # 9
 Linda and her fabulous Curiosity crew
have been playing with
 Stamps & framelits
(Using page 63 of Tim's book).
-oOo-
Now...I've played along with all the challenges so far...but thought I will sadly have to miss a couple at some point with  my impending hospital stay tommorrow....
But when I saw the new challenge...I just had to fit some crafty time in!!!
Why?
Because I bought the
French Flight
Stamps & framelits set with some Birthday money just last week!! :)
So this challenge...gave me a good excuse to try it out!!
(and it also helped take my mind of my upcoming surgery!!)
I thought I would try something a little different...
First of all, I checked that the framelits cut through Linen...
and they did!! :)
So I reached for these...
and this is what I made using my new Tim Goodies...
 
A fabric hanging...made with all my favourites...vintage linens, doilies, lace, buttons, ribbons and the
French Flight
Stamps & framelits set
 


 
I've stamped my French Flight stamps on to linen and cut them with the framelits, then stitched them onto my fabric hanging...
....added a couple of pins, French laundry hanger...
 a lot of stitching and printed a Paperwhimsey image  onto some fabric.
I've stitched down the middle of my butterflies...so that their wings are left to flutter...
-oOo-
If you want to see what this challenge is all about....Hop over to Linda's Blog...
for the
Compendium of Curiosities Challenge #9
...who along with her talented Curiosity crew...have some amazing Stamps and Framelits inspiration!
-oOo-
You will also need a copy of Tim's
Compendium of Curiosities Volume III book.
...and for this challenge.
The wonderful Joy and her family at Inspiration Emporium
Tim and Mario have very generously donated more fabulous prizes!
-oOo-
Now..I really must get my bags packed...
I won't be around to comment on your lovely blogs for a little while...So I will apologise in advance....but as soon as I'm back on my feet again...I'll come and visit you all :)
See you all soon!!
Thanks for peeking
Jan x

 

19 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This is amazing! So creative and pretty! Love the design! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Absolutely gorgeous creation Jan, love this! Different and fabulous use of the dies and stamps. Haven't heard of paper whimsy, so thanks for that, great images. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! Very nice creation :-). Good luck with hospital visit.....

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most importantly I hope all goes well with your hospital visit and wish you a speedy recovery. And lucky for us that you squeezed in time to create this beautiful hanging! That's such an inventive way of using the stamps/dies. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope all goes well for you Jan! Love, love this beautiful creation, it just oozes charm and French chic... Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You take care, I hope all goes well.....WOW...What a beautiful fabric hanger... Love all the lace & beautiful images... you have done it again... AmAzing work Jan.....Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linen butterflies?? This is beautiful, I want to touch it. Gorgeous wall hanging. You've inspired me. AGAIN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How gorgeous and wonderful is this?!! Love the use of the linen, and adore all the lace! Fab use of the technique! Thanks so much for playing along with our Stamps & Framelits challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jan. I just tried to publish a comment but not sure it "took". So, I'm doing it again. :) Your fabric wall hanging is really lovely. I love shabby chic and this piece is a perfect example of it! Your did a fabulous job on your fabric french pieces. I think that is such a clever idea and a wonderful way to incorporate all of your favorite things (mine, too) into one wonderful little wall hanging! I hope that your hospital stay is not for something major. Best wishes for a quick release and thanks for joining us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! This is fabulous! I love the linen and the lace. The little girl with the angel wing is the perfect touch with this. Best wishes on your upcoming surgery. I hope everything works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously? This is so lovely, so creative, and so clever! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous hanging. Just beautiful!!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CC3C!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW and thrice WOW Jan, this is just beautiful... firstlly, I love that you used fabric as a medium, it is so lovely to see the Framelits used differently and your creation is just delish.... and secondly, hope the hospital stay went ok and you are on the road to recovery... all the best x Thanks for playing along with the CC3 Challenge and hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  14. what an amazing creation Jan! love this beautiful wall hanging - so lovely with all the lace, linen and beautifully arranged stamped images!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow what an amazing piece of art - its so beautiful

    Hope all goes well with the hospital stay

    I've finished mine today and have just added it to the link

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE LOVE your fabric hanging Jan... full of your scrumptious style.... the stamps are wonderful and of course I adore the lace.. doilies and your gorgeous image... hope that your hospital stay went well and that you are resting and recovering nicely <3

    Jenny X

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous!! I love the elegance of it all - the white and vintage elements are so beautiful.
    Good luck with your surgery too! I will be thinking of you, xoox

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is the most beautiful collage dear Jan,
    I love the nature colours, you used, and those wonderful stamps, just fir the sweet french angel girl
    so beautifully. I`m sorry to not have beeen much around, but hope life will get back to normal now.
    Hugs ,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another gorgeous stitched beauty xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)