Sunday, 17 August 2014

Shabby is my Happy Place......

 
I’m playing along again this month with
 -oOo-
Tim's Arty August inspiration

Tim has challenged us to follow our creative muse…inspired by this month's "12 tags of 2014"
muse /myo͞oz/: to become absorbed in thought or dreamy abstraction
-oOo-
Tim posted about following his creative muse..... and how he chose a variety of different items to fuel his project. So I rummaged around my craft room...and grabbed some of my favourites (had to have some vintage buttons & lace in the mix ;) !)  a variety of stamps, inks, stencils and embellies!
Then inspired by Tims creative tag... I've followed most of the background technique... getting inky... and texture with the stencils...experimenting with techniques....I got so caught up in dreamy thought...what stamp should I use...colours of ink...I followed my muse...which I find this the most rewarding part of creating ...getting totally lost...deep in arty thoughts...in a dreamy zone...(It helps to have no distractions)... 
and this is the result...
The little birdie (one of Tim's stamps) reminded me of a little magpie that often visits my garden...I'm sure he has his beady lil eye on the treasures in my craft-room LOL!!..anyway...this is what inspired the shabby lacy nest full of goodies... eggs, bottle, watch, flowers and jewels etc...
 
As Tim says in his post 'our style is as unique as our individual personality' ...So I've come to the conclusion ... 'Shabby' is definitely my 'Happy Place'!
-oOo-
Sadly...I won't be in my Happy Place next week...I'm off too hospital for Surgery...I won't be around to comment on your lovely blogs for a little while...So I will apologise in advance....but as soon as I'm back on my feet again...I'll come and visit you all :)
-oOo-
Thanks for peeking!
Jan x



11 comments:

  1. Great a great tag you're entering for the 12 tags challenge Jan!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tag Jan, The detail is quite amazing...the background design & colours are so beautiful... the elements & images are perfect... Love it all...You take good care of yourself I hope all goes well with your surgery....Thinking of you.... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Jan - so much to look at - I just adore it. Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan, this is breathtakingly beautiful! I can see that you really enjoyed making this gorgeous creation, all of the elements work so well together, the colours are wonderful and so is your design. Wishing you well for the operation and recovery and hope to see you back again soon. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan as always I love what you do - this is no exception. Do so hope you have a quick recovery and are back to your Happy Place making beautiful art. J and Mr. Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning combination of colours and ephemera working beautifully together, fabulous shabby tag....but want to eat those eggs! Hope everything goes well Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so beautiful, Jan! You can see the bones of Tim's tag, but then all the beautiful detailing make it absolutely you... gorgeous colours and shabby chic deliciousness. Wishing you all the best for smooth op and recovery. Look after yourself!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh love your version Jan,it looks like a bag of fruity sweets. Gorgeous combination of colours and embellishments,a winner!

    Hope everything goes well for you and you are back to getting crafty in double quick time Jan

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is so cute and full of fun things !! Love it !!!
    Wishing you good luck and all the best when going to hospital. Looking forward to "see" you back again. Wishing you a quick recovery !!!!
    Hugs from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work Jan = hope all goes well at the hospital

    ReplyDelete
  11. The tag is so beautiful, all those wonderful details keeping me looking for ages.
    Looking forward to seeing you back in full health after the successful op.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)