Wednesday, 10 September 2014

CCC 3 - Challenge 10...Assemblage Clock

Over at
 is to alter an
 Assemblage Clock
as shown on page 33 of Tim's book).
-oOo-
You will also need your own copy of Tim's Compendium of Curiosities Volume III book....and for this challenge.
The Funkie Junkie Boutique
Tim and Mario have very generously donated more fabulous prizes!
-oOo-
Now.. I have had one of Tim's clocks in my crafty stash for a little while now... but every time I have reached for it to alter... I just dithered what to do with it.... so many ideas and options running through my crafty little mind....and a little intimidated too.... it ended up going back under my craft table for another day!!!
 
So...this challenge...was just the perfect push to alter this poor little unloved Assemblage Clock ...and with such wonderful inspiration from Linda... who along with her talented Curiosity crew...have altered some amazing Time pieces in a variety of themes!
 ....So first of all...I had to decide what to do with it ?
Decisions...Decisions!!?
In the end I decided to go for a salvaged nautical theme...
So... I had a rummage in my crafty hoard and selected a few pieces to fill my assemblage clock with.
 ....Vintage photo of a little boy in a sailor suit, bottle, buttons, shells, sand, Idea-ology goodies, and a vintage 'charlotte' sailor head.
-oOo-
First of all... I covered my clock with embossed metal foil sheets (using the painted industrial technique) then distressed with paints to try and get a rusty patina look.
 

I then had fun...filling my clock with all my goodies and adding some more distressed idea-ology to the exterior also.
and this is the end result....
This was so difficult to photograph!!
with the reflections in the glass front!
and now with the light on.....
Thanks for another Fab challenge Linda...
and....
Thanks for peeking!
Jan x


 

22 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS Jan! Love the rusty effects, fab nautical theme, lovely stuff Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh superb Jan. I love the theme, the rusted outside and the little lantern illuminating the sunken treasure. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. O MY WORD...Jan...This is AmAzing....the theme is fantastic ...I adore all those elements & the light is fantastic....you have such a creative mind...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT...I hope you are doing good after your surgery...take care and rest up when you can... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jan,I just knew you would create something special for this. I absolutely love it,especially the way it lights up,brilliant use of all those lovely bits too,love the dolls head.....a winner :)

    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan what a gorgeous piece you have created here. I absolutely LOVE the detail inside it's really fabulous. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing Jan, the lantern is a super touch. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your altered clock Jan. So inspiring and so full of fab details. Love the rusty surface you created !!!
    Thanks for sharing your pretty art.
    Hugs from Spain..... Monica

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow the little light is fantabulous :) on my hols in QLd we each decorated one of these....I still need to add some things to the outside but I went with a beach theme..its was lots of fun...I love the embossing on yours too.....did you pull yours apart to cover? we did ....it took forever...:(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really can't say anything that someone else hasn't already said, but my first impression was WOWWWW! This absolutely takes the cake! Love your painted industrial technique and all those vintage goodies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your take on Tim's clock, great theme and the little light suits it perfectly to peer in to see all your goodies.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful! I love all contents and what you did withe metal!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Awesome clock Jan. I love all the inside treasures and the overall rusty effect is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fabulous... love the collection of salvaged items... it looks like a treasure trove and the little light is just perfect... Thanks for playing along with the CC3 Challenge and hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jan, it's just delightful! So glad you found the right moment to bring it out from under the desk :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Jan, what a stunning ,fabolous piece, dear.
    The way you altered the clock is amazing and the story you filled it with ,with help of all the wonderful pieces is perfect. Love the "charlotte" hear,- and the wings attached - what an extiing art piece . - xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE all the stuff you put into this! The outside is wonderful as well! Thank you so much for joining us in the Assemblage Clock challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous work Jan, I love your amazing transformation of the Assemblage Clock, the fantastic treatment of the outside, the sunken treasure and the lovely little lantern, not to mention the skulls and wings! Love this - a lot! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is great. It looks like it was taken right off the Titanic. The doll head is awesome.
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jan...I really LOVE your steampunkish-compendium of curiosities clock. The rusted look you've given to the exterior is awesome. I love the addition of the "rivets" and other metal texturing you've given the exterior. All of the dripping Ideaology looks so cool! The interior...what a hodge podge of great pieces! You packed alot into that little space but it looks amazing!!! Thanks for sharing with all of us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Jan, I've never seen rust look so beautiful! You did another amazing job with the clock, love how you altered and filled it - and as for the back light - a spot of genious! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wowzer - stunning inside and out! Your inky metallic finish is fabulous, and the collection of quirky goodies inside is amazing... another joy of a creation.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jan- from your fantastic tags to this incredible altered clock, your talent blows me away!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)