Thursday, 19 March 2015

A week of crafty Bliss.....

 
...I've just come back from a lovely week away with Hubby and Barney Boy...
and am glad to report the house was still standing ... after leaving two of my sons in charge while we were away!!
...So I've just caught up with the dreaded holiday washing & ironing....housework (ooops..sorry for swearing!)all done...
So I thought I would blog about my week of crafty Bliss!!
If you saw my last post, you would of seen I won some tickets to the....
at Olympia...
Well...I had an absolutely lovely day...
Lots of wonderful stalls, goodies to buy and beautiful inspiration...
Here's what hopped into my shopping bags and came home with me that day!!
Yarn, Ribbons, fabrics, beads and some rather large knitting needles!!
I've already used the smaller of the pair to knit a nice chunky cushion cover (using 7 strands of assorted yarn)
-oOo-
 
...and then on Saturday I was lucky

to have a fantabulous workshop with the talented...
as a pre-Mothers Day treat !
 I have been a fan of Andy Skinner's Art for some time.
So when I found out that he was running a workshop local to me at
 That's Crafty in Romford
I was uber excited to get a place on one of his classes!
 
So...With Andy's expert teaching and guidance...
We altered these plain boring pieces
to create this antique-y yummy painty goodness...
My finished project.
...using some of the DecoArt Media Range..which are amazing products.
Oozing with faux rust, crackled and peeling paint!! Love Love Love it!!
I learnt lots :)
...I Just adore the rust effects that you can get from paint techniques!!
I really enjoyed Andy's workshop,  It's the first time I have visited 'That's Crafty'
It's run by the lovely Laura and Graham....they sell a wide range of papercraft and mixed media art supplies. They also have a very large selection of stamps and masks, stencils and templates.
So a few more pennies were spent that day :)
On these little treasures...
Thanks again to my three lovely boys who treated me :)
Oh, I will definitely be back for another workshop and a crafty shop at That's crafty in the future ;)
 
Now, I'm off to play with some of my new goodies!!..Time to get painty me thinks!!
Thanks for peeking!
Jan x

10 comments:

  1. Oh Jan, yes you were truly spoilt - but you so deserve it.

    Look at all those lovely new crafting goodies, Love the chunky cushion cover you've already made.

    I didn't know about that Andy S workshop - Doh, I could have tried to go too! Love what you made there, stunning.

    Look forward to seeing what you get upto next xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your makes for today! The cushion looks very comfy. Beautiful creation from the workshop. Fab job! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun time you've been having - lucky lady!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow I love all the goodies you got!! The cushion you've made is fab, it would actually go lovely in my bedroom as we are trying to go for a winter/log cabin feel :-P Taking part in that workshop must have been so much fun and the stuff you made was fab!! I've never been to great at altering things although I do give it my best :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan ,it is fantastic... I love it with all the rust , the peeling paint and crackle -and love the blue-white -rust together, too. Sooo lucky you, to be on that workshop, , and the goodies you found there, as well as on the show, are wonderful .
    You had some days with oure joy!!
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh - you made an amazing project with master Skinner!
    Great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you've been having loads of fun dear Jan!
    AND lucky you getting to take that great class too...what you made is fab.
    Being the mother of boys I had to giggle at your leaving them in the house comment ;-)
    Happy Spring to you and yours
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where to start?! I'm jealous of your Andy Skinner class,I love his work too! Then I'm jealous of your visit to That's Crafty! it really is my favourite craft shop,they have such a brilliant selection of goodies. Finally I'm jealous of your wonderful creation! Why not enter it in the Mixed Media World challenge,it fits perfectly ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your chunky pillow looks wonderful. Sounds like you have had a great time on Vacation. And what you made in your class looks amazing. I must be living under a rock because I have never heard of Andy Skinner. Oh Well.. Hope you have a happy week.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)