Sunday, 1 March 2015

LET'S GET ARTY....

 
A new look...and Challenge #61
Over at
 
(Previously known as Let's Get Shabby)
 
WE ARE BACK!
WITH A NEW NAME AND A NEW LOOK!
'Let's Get Shabby'
Challenges first started in 2009
 Times have changed and many of us have found our styles have too!
So it's time to move forward and add in being a little
ARTY!

 
CHALLENGE #61
Colour Swatch Challenge!
 
Pick a photo from your own photo gallery – put it through ‘Chip It’    

to  get the swatch colours….  

And create a project  based on at least four colours from the colour swatches.

On your blog we will need to see:

Two photos….

One of your ‘Chip It’ photo with the swatches

...and 

One of your arty project 

And list the colour names of your choice.

 

Here Is my 'Chip It' photo and colour swatches...
I decided to alter a card and wooden 'Boat' Blank for my DT piece.
First of all I rooted through my crafty stash...in search of paints, fabrics, ribbons etc...in some of the colours from my colour swatches.
Painted my boat blank... in 3 of the colours...mixing my paints to get as near to the colour swatches as I can.
...then I decorated my sails with...fabrics, lace, crochet flower & doily, buttons, embroidered heart and a little hand - stitchery!
I crackle painted the base of my boat using a PaperArtsy crackle medium between my blue and and white coats of paint.
Then I added a Tim Holtz 'word band' Enjoy the Journey.
 
So Inspired by my 'LetsChipIt' photo swatches
from this
to this....
 
Anyway I hope you will hop over to
Let's Get ARTY
..for the full deets ...and to support us in our new look challenges.
You will also see what other wonderful inspiration the talented international Arty girls have created for this challenge #61 and there's a fabulous  prize up for grabs for the challenge winner....


Thanks for Peeking!
Jan x


8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Jan, love the touches of red. Hugs. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome Jan! Love how you did the sails....J

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks wonderful my friend. I LOVE how you can make a sailboat looks this good. Well done.

    Hope all is well with you my friend.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is lush Jan and what a great idea re the colours,a great idea to get inspiration ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to go a-sailing on our local loch in this!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the transformation of your boat. Love the new look challenge too. If I can work out how to do the chip it thingy then I will have a go. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a sweet little sail boat!! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like an interesting challenge Jan and I love how you've transformed the boat blank, what a pretty little boat it is now :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)