Monday, 20 April 2015

A swap for all seasons....April time....

Oh, I have been having sooooo much fun playing along with Linda's lovely mini fabric sampler swap
over at
and last month I received my March sampler from
Debbie
from
and this is what she sent to me all the way from Ohio, USA
...as soon as I see my package wrapped in sewing pattern paper and string...I just knew immediately I was going to LURVE the contents!
Made by Debbie

...and I was not wrong!!
From the vintage fabric and my favourite flower ROSES surrounded by all those beautiful MOP HEART buttons (Swoon!) sweet lil pegs, and the gorgeous doily and ribbon! It's perfect!

...and Debbie also sent me some lovely goodies....a lovely postcard, beautiful floral fabrics and the Lovely Folk Heart ...which will definitely be put to good use in a future project :)
Thank You again Debbie !
-oOo-
...and my March mini sampler swap was sent to
Patty in Kansas, USA
from
 Patty mentioned in one of her lovely friendly emails that her  favourite flower is a sun flower (which happens to be the Kansas State flower).
So I sorted through my fabric stash...
and there was some sunflower patterned fabric ...I forgot I even had!!
So I grabbed that and a few other bits and pieces....
...and this is what I created for Patty..

....fabrics, doilies, felt flowers, buttons, crochet flower, lace and a vintage image printed onto fabric and a little Bee charm :)
Poor Patty...was very patient and understanding...She had to wait a long while to receive her mini quiltie from me...my little package sent from the UK....must have decided to take the longest possible route to Patty's home in Kansas!!!..
....So I was so glad to hear of it's safe arrival yesterday! (Phew!)
-oOo-
I've having fun with my April sampler now ...such a pleasurable swap!!
Thanks for peeking!
Jan x


3 comments:

  1. Dear Jan, so much sweetness, here, also today.- your wonderful sunflower -sunshine quilt and the goodies you send to your friend, are all so lovely, and the one you recieved so wonderful, too.
    Have fun with your goodies,-Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure Patty must have thought it was well wait the wait Jan, your mini quilt is wonderful and so suits her likes. Love the one you received too. Such a lovely swap xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, Wow, 2 FANTASTIC samplers! You are right about those swoonworthy buttons! I could kiss each one! And the sunflower sampler is PERFECT for Patty~ it reminds me of Kansas! Great month coming and going! xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)