Tuesday, 12 May 2015

collaged nostalgia......

 
 I’m playing along again this month with
 -oOo-
Here's Tim's Creative May inspiration
 
 I couldn't wait to play along ...
Tim has got us being nostalgic, this has definitely got to be one of my favourite Tim tags this year.... Lots of lush elements, combination of textures, cool tinted photo, flowers, layered ephemera and embellishments ...Yes.... they really do tell a creative story.
 -oOo-
I gathered together a few supplies ...
-oOo-
and this is my Entry for Tim Holtz - May -
12 Tags of 2015....
 
I didn't have the Burlap from textured surfaces, so raided my fabric stash and found some Burlap to glue to my tag.
I used the Heart stencil with the texture paste, when dry ....coloured it with a mixture of abandoned coral and rusty hinge distress inks.
...I tinted my photo with squeezed lemonade distress marker
and gave my vintage girl some vellum wings.
...Adhered my ephemera, photo, fabric yoyo and flower, pin, buttons, scissor embellie and typed token word.
Sadly, I don't own the new tiny tattered floral die set...(which looks lush!) ...so attached some paper flowers from my crafty stash.
Then finally ...added my quote and a little stitching in places.
-oOo-
Thanks again to Tim for some amazing nostalgic collaged inspiration and Looking forward to seeing what Tim inspires us... with his June tag  now...
 
So until next time.....
Thanks for Peeking!
Jan x


10 comments:

  1. A delight! Looks really good propped against your sewing machine :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool tag Jan,captured the vintage vibe perfectly as always. Love the addition of the wings.....you must be like me,wings obsessed ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan, your tag is so wonderful, so summerly, and romantic ,I love it.
    The hearts looks beautiful and your composition of yellow and rosa items so sweet. The flowers and yoyo, the gorgeous rose, it is all so lovely.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! Your tag is beyond gorgeous! LOVE it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tag is sew delightful and I think T!m would be very proud of how you have taken his inspiration and made it your own style. Creative Tag Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jan you created a lovely tag. Love all your various embellishments and the nostalgic feeling you achieved.. Great work. You are very creative and skilled. Hugs from Monica... Spain

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect tag Jan, it's gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is SUCH a great version Jan! Love the sewing theme and those fabric flowers. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow girl I love this tag!! all the elements. I have a ton of questions!! how did you make the wings? did you make those ribbon flowers. this tag is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So So pretty!! And am I allowed to say? I like yours better ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)