Friday, 22 May 2015

I believe in Fairies.....

Over at
For 
Compendium of Curiosities
Challenge # 28
 Linda and her talented Curiosity crew
have been playing with
Tim’s Alcohol Ink Ombre technique    
(Using page 57 of Tim's book - A Compendium of Curiosities, Vol 3).
-oOo-
I've never tried this technique before...and it took me a couple of attempts to get it right, but I love the results.
Anyway, these are the Alcohol ink colours that I used to create my Inky Ombre background...
and here is my finished tag...
Its been rather gloomy here in the UK, overcast days and lots of showery rain, so I've added lots of cheery and colourful blooms to my creation to brighten up the day!
-oOo-
If you want to see what this challenge is all about....Hop over to Linda's Blog...
for the
Compendium of Curiosities Challenge #28
...
who along with her crew...have some gorgeous Inky Ombre inspiration!
...but you've got to be quick the challenge is ending very soon!
-oOo-
You will also need a copy of Tim's
Compendium of Curiosities Volume III book
....and for this challenge.
The wonderful Funkie Junkie boutique
Tim and Mario have very generously donated more fabulous prizes!
 
Hope you all have a lovely weekend!
 
Thanks for Peeking!
Jan x

11 comments:

  1. Oh this is really beautiful Jan,very eretheral and atmospheric. I've not tried that technique to be honest I'm not the biggest fan of alcohol inks though!
    Have a fab weekend
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous sky behind the fairy...excellent technique usage! Wonderful flowers too! Gorgeous tag! Thanks so much for playing with Alcohol Ink with us at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very beautiful,,the inks you used are fantastic, and so sweet with the flowers dear Jan, they hAve wonderful tones,too. I have Tim`s number 3 book, and have to take a look at the technique.
    I too believe in Fairies :-)
    .Also here it is cold too, even when the sun shines !! Wishing you a lovely weekend, and more warm and sunny Jan.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan this tag is fabulous and you really did proud with the alcohol inks. I too believe in Faeries of the most magical kind. Creative Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely ombré tag Jan, and I recognise the stamps LOL! I must give that technique a shot as I've got some inks lying rarely used :-(

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jan...this is such a great tag! I so love your blue alcohol ink ombre background. Your whimsical flowers are really awesome and I totally love your silhouetted fairy and the sentiment. All of your layers are fantastic. It may have been gloomy there when you were making your tag but it was sun shiny happy on the inside of your house as you were creating this! Thanks for sharing with us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jan, this is ADORABLE! I love the silhouetted fairy against the ombre background! The flowers are so pretty and whimsical, you've got me believing in fairies, too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderfully whimsical fairy tag this is! The sky background is perfect and those cute colorful flowers make me smile. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your vibrant tag, Jan. It practically leapt off the screen with those vivid colors! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CC3C.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so fun and whimsical...love the vibrancy. Thanks for joining us at CC3C!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)