Thursday, 21 May 2015

Steampunk Surprise.....

Over at
 
http://thatscraftychallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/steampunk-surprise.html
 
the challenge theme is...
Steampunk Surprise
 
Now I love seeing all the steampunk creations in Blogland...
But don't usually create many myself?
So, I thought I would enter this challenge to push myself out of the comfity safety zone!!.
-oOo- 
Over in one of my FB craft groups, Billy-Jane got us making 'pop up' 3D box cards for a swap...
I'd never made one before... but now I'm well and truly hooked!!
So I thought I would create a steampunk version especially for this challenge...
 
 Here is my pop up box card folded flat (back and front)...
ideal for posting..
and here is the SURPRISE...

 this is what it looks like when fully popped up!!..



a close up of my faux rusty elements 
..and the back of the box card..is perfect for writing your greeting/message.

Ingredients used..
Black card, Tim Holtz and Papermania stamps, Papermania paper,
distress inks, chipboard cogs,butterflies, dragonfly and hearts, 
 DecoArt media range (to create the faux rust effect).on all the chipboard elements.
 
I think I may be slightly addicted to creating these 3D box cards...Off to make my 5th one now!!
 
Thanks for Peeking!
Jan x

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous piece Jan, love the rusty elements and the imagery you used. Love how,you staged your photograph too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just tried to enter a comment coming from FB on my tablet but not sure it worked??
    Here we go again - so glad I started something, they had the same effect on me after doing my first at craft club back in march. Love your steam punk one. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it is gorgeous Jan, fantastic to see it first flat, and then suddenly it is a real box, with a magicsteampunk world to be experiensed, what a wonderful work you did, it is beautiful, dear.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What an amazing steampunk pop up Jan :-) I love it, it's not a style I do so maybe I shall try it out LOL

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blimey Jan this is a bit special! Wow and stunning come to mind here,fantastic make.
    Steampunk isnt too daunting,think of it as just vintage with a few rusty cogs thrown in lol
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW what a great box you created Jan.
    It must be such fun to open and discover all of the super details!
    You really got the rust look down perfectly too.
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely exploding box, thank you for entering into the that's crafty challenge x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)