Friday, 5 June 2015

A Summer of Colour and a Photograph Scavenger Hunt.........

Yayyyy!...
It's that time of year when artists all over blogland  are challenged to get all arty and creative in any medium of their choosing 
...with interesting weekly colour prompts
....given to us by the lovely

I have so much fun with this challenge each year (this will be my 5th year taking part)
It's definitely one of my favourite challenges.
This challenge always pushes me out of my colour comfort zones..every year!
For...
Summer of Colour 1 & 2
I created a mixture of journal painting, cards and fabric art from the awesome colour prompts.
Summer of Colour 3
I used the colour prompts to create individual embroidered pieces stitched onto vintage linen, then at the end of the challenge added them to a vintage baby dress
Summer of Colour 4
....and last years challenge ...I went with a knitted theme...creating some bright and colourful yarn birdies!
-oOo-
I'm not quite sure what medium to use for year 5 of this fabulous challenge....will wait excitedly until next week to decide where Kristin's colour inspiration takes me....
....Can't wait!!!!
If you've never played along before with
 The Summer of Color
 you should definitely consider it.
Details can be found at Here
-oOo-
...and now for another fab challenge..
I was planning on taking part in this interesting challenge last year, but due to my operation and recovery period, didn't get round to completing it !
So this year, I'm looking forward to jumping in again!!
 I'm a keen photographer (but no expert lol)

So this looks like a lot of fun to get some practice snapping throughout the summer months.

There's a challenge list of 21 photographs to take...
The list is intended to be challenging, but not impossible. and will encourage me to go on a few outings in search of a piccy or two! ;)
And there's all summer to get it completed!
-oOo-
Well I'm going to cross my first one of the list.
1. A bouquet of flowers
-oOo-
Now, that was the easy one...me thinks the rest are going to a bit more challenging!!! ....but Fun!

Hop over to Rinda's blog to see the full challenge list....
Hope you can join in the fun too?...
 
Thanks for Peeking!
Jan x


6 comments:

  1. Hoping to also do the Summer of Colour again this year too Jan!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fab Jan.....I'm dying to see what your theme for this year is too!
    Have a lovely weekend
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have created some fantastic pieces all the other years, using the colour promts,given, dear Jan. I will look forward seing what you will come up with this year, I know it will be exiting to follow your creations !!
    Hugs, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you like these challenges...you really excel with the creative ideas. Looking forward to seeing what you are inspired to create in Summer #5. Creative Bliss and June JOY...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see what you come up with for summer of colour this year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the hunt! What a great container for that bouquet!
    I'm thinking that the summer of color might be a bit challenging now that I've seen how it works. I'm doing mixed media this year.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)