Wednesday, 24 June 2015

The Summer of Color 5: Week Three

 Once again... I'm joining our talented hostess Kristin at Twinkle, Twinkle  
for the
Summer of Color
 This week's colours are
purple + purple + yellow. 
I had lots of trouble with this combination,
tricky colours for me...
.... not my favourite colour combo.
So, it made it more of a challenge for me!
-oOo-
I'm trying to do something different each week,
Week 1 I did some knitting,
Week 2 Photography
So for Week 3, I decided to hit my vintage fabric, doilies, buttons and lace stash..
...and managed to find some Purple, Purple and yellow, to create this fabric book cover...
All hand-stitched.. The pretty image is a silk collector card, crochet flowers, doilies, lace, fabric and lots of lovely buttons!
-oOo-
Looking forward to seeing what everyone else has done with these colours and next weeks Colour prompt..

...if you would like to join in the fun hop over to
  
Thanks for Peeking!
Jan x

23 comments:

  1. STUNNING Jan!!! Oooh I love this and yes you've rocked doing some different each week! The lady image is beautiful - very vintage, but hip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful SOC-entry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous - I really love this! And how fun you've been doing something different each week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This collage is simply lovely and the colors are perfect. These colors remind me of long ago when I asked my young daughter what colors she wanted her bedroom to be she said, Purple and Yellow!" I was dumbfounded but in the end it was the prettiest bedroom I had ever seen. Summer of Color Smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little purple flowers on the lower left & the doily upper right as well as your lovely lady image :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your vintage book cover. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jan that is gorgeous, scrumptious even. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your use of elements in this stunning vintage piece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the SOC colors have been challenging for most of us this week! I absolutely love your gorgeous stitched book cover! You used these colors beautifully and in such a creative way! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab book Jan, I love purple although I know not everyone does of course!
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!! I totally adore this! The knitted pieces are priceless and just outstanding here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jan, I would find it difficult, too, with these two colours,- but you managed beautifull, by choosing a more mustard-like colour, and they are great together. The book cover is lovely and beautiful with the old silk image !
    Hugs, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is stunning! I love the image and the buttons and crochet bits! SOC #54

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your book cover turned out beautiful! It's an eye-catcher! This week's color combination wasn't easy for me either.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful book cover Jan... love the pretty lady on the front... and the gorgeous lace and fabrics... not a favorite combo for me either.. but love what you created...

    Jenny X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jan, your book cover looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What is it about vintage, lace, and buttons that sets my heart on fire? YOU did a simply fantastic job with these colors. They were NOT my favorites, either, and I got mud the first time I tried to put them together. You, on the other hand created a drop dead gorgeous entry!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. good job taking what looks like was a boring cover and making it very eye catching :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh great texture, very nice piece :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)