Friday, 10 July 2015

The Summer of Color 5: Week five (and four!)


Can't believe it's Week five already!!...
 I'm joining our lovely hostess Kristin again at Twinkle, Twinkle  
along with the other talented participants
who are creating some amazing colourful creations 
for the
Summer of Color
So on to ...
Now I LOVE this colour combo...
1 Green + 1 Green + 1 Pink
My favourite week so far!!
So I decided to grab a journal, and get all inky & painty with stamps and stencils!!
 
-oOo-
Agh!... I missed the deadline for last weeks colour challenge...and it's still a work in progress!!..Kristin really challenged us!  In her words 'possibly the biggest challenge of our event.' 
The colour palette for Week Four of The SOC 5 was . . . .
1 Red + 1 Red + 1 Metallic
(Eeeeek ;) - LOL!!)
-oOo-
I  decided to do some embroidery, but didn't quite get round to finishing it!
(such a busy week!!)...Anyway, I thought I would show you how far I got ;)
(vintage red linen, red checked fabric, gold buttons, lace & thread)

-oOo-
Looking forward to seeing what everyone else has done with these colours and next weeks Colour prompt..
 
...if you would like to join in the fun hop over to

Thanks for Peeking!
Jan x

15 comments:

  1. Your pink and green fashion gals are just darling. Makes a beautiful journal page. I'm new, and so sad it's almost over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the an pages. I'm back on week 3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan I love your pretty pages for this week-adorable images! Last week's red project is looking super and so I hope to see the completed piece even if it is late:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Julie Nutting paper dolls and you did a great job on them and the backgrounds. Very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your journal pages are super gorgeous, Jan and I love the embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jan, I love your creation for last week's SOC colors! It is absolutely adorable! I really like the sentiment that you added, too. You are sew creative!!!! And your art journal pages using this week's colors are fabulous. I have those 2 exact same stamps - you have inspired me to get them out!!! Thanks for sharing your talents with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way you have done lots of different things this year. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has been so much fun seeing what other artists have done for the SOC. Your girls are really sweet and fit perfectly with green & pink.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought I just didn't get around to you last week, Jan. Glad to see I didn't miss your embroidery and hand sewn beauty.

    Of course, I really love your journal pages. I like how you mixed the colors and knew exactly where to place each one. Stunning and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love your pages Jan... your girls are gorgeous... with beautiful backgrounds... and your embroidery is a lovely WIP....

    Jenny X

    ReplyDelete
  11. very nice pages :D very whimsical looking

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by...I appreciate all your lovely comments :)